chapter six

Yoongi sits leant up against the mirror, his water bottle clasped in his hand, staring off at the polished concrete floor with a frown. He tries to catch his breath and stop them coming out as pants, but it's practically impossible with how hard his heart is beating. They'd finally concluded their dance practice after ten hours or so and yoongi was vying to head to the studio, but he was too tired to move much at the minute. He looks around the room and feels a little bit better when he sees Hoseok lying on the floor like a starfish, panting just as heavily as yoongi was. The rest are scattered around the room either leaning over their knees, collapsed on the floor or crouching with a water bottle against a wall. This was normally how their practices ended.

Yoongi takes another gulp of his water, trying to ignore the feeling of his freshly cracked phone pressed against his back pocket. He hoped if he ignored everything enough it would all just disappear. Wishful Thinking.

"Heading to the studio?"

Yoongi looks up from studying the floor to see Jimin standing over him, sweaty bangs hanging over his eyes and face in flusters of red and pink.

"Yeah," he answers, looking back down, not trusting himself to not stare at the drop of sweat falling down Jimins Adam's apple. "Staying here?"

"Might head to the gym," Jimin replies in a grunt as he sits down beside yoongi to lean himself against the mirror. "I was going to ask if you wanted to come with, but if you're going to the studio then don't worry about it,"

Yoongi looks up to guiltily meet Jimins eyes, he knew the younger didn't like working out alone. "Sorry, I really need to work on my tracks,"

"That's okay," Jimin smiles assuredly. "I'll just convince jeonggukie to go with instead, or I'll bribe tae or something,"

"He really likes the cookies in the vending machine, if you need bribe material," yoongi suggests.

Jimin laughs, wind chimes dance through the air again and yoongi has to fight to keep the smile off his face. "Thanks hyung," jimin giggles. "thats perfect, there's no way he'll refuse with that on the table,"

Yoongi laughs a little at Jimins blatant sarcasm, but it trails off just as quickly as it leaves his lips. He was exhausted and frustrated and every other synonym for wanting to fall asleep and never wake up. Jimin was a nice reprieve from it all, but it couldn't last forever.

"I suppose I should go now," yoongi grunts, standing up and stretching. He looks down at Jimin who stares back at him with big doe eyes. "Go convince tae, I believe in you. Fighting~"

Jimin laughs and stands up, "I'll try, have fun in the studio," he answers before turning and jogging towards taehyung who was lying face down on the floor in a way that which yoongi would normally be concerned about, if it weren't for his rapidly rising up and down back, that proved to yoongi that yes, the boy was in fact breathing and wasn't attempting to suffocate himself against cold concrete flooring. Which yoongi had imagined doing to himself only minutes prior.

Yoongi grabs his duffel bag and swings it over his shoulder, heading towards the door but stops just before he gets to it as Namjoon pushes off the wall and meets him halfway.

"Is it okay if I send you some mixes later tonight, for you to look over for me? It'd be a massive help, I think I'm having trouble cause I need another perspective," Namjoon asks, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Of course joon, you don't even have to ask," Yoongi says, patting the taller man on the shoulder.

"Thanks, hyung," Namjoon says gratefully, yoongi feels his shoulder sag beneath his touch. "Oh, and who was that on the phone earlier? You looked bothered when you came back in,"