Chapter 7-I've been waiting two years

Start from the beginning

"evening" Deputy shoupe said nodding at us.

"JJ tie this off" The officer said handing JJ the rope. JJ lets go of my hand and ties the rope onto our boat.

"What are y'all doing out here the marsh is closed." The deputy tells us.

"It is?" I ask

"why" Pope stutters out.

"Dead body was found. We're conducting a search, mind if I check your little boat out" Shoupe ask. He walks on the boat and starts to look around. I look onto the sherrifs boat and recognize the other officer from the motel the other day. I walk over to JJ and stand behind him.

"thats the officer from the hotel room" I whisper in his ear. "If she recognizes me where screwed" I tell JJ. Shoupe knows me and knows I live here so there would be no reason for me to stay in the motel, they would know we broke in. JJ grabs his hat and hands it to me. I put it onto my head while shoupes not looking. He looks around the boat and asks if we have another life jacket. Pope shows him the life jacket as I start getting more and more anxious for my brother. After a while the cops finally leave and we all rush to the edge of the boat.

"He's got to be out of air by now" Pope says. I look at them then stand up getting ready to jump in the water. 

"what are you doing" JJ ask grabbing my wrist.

"going to get my brother" I say and look back into the water. I take his hat off and hand it to him.

"Be careful" He says as I jump in. I swim around looking for John b. My heart is pounding out of my chest until I see him. I swim down and grab him. I swim to the surface which is very hard with both of us. My head pops out of the water along with John B. 

"John B" I say. One of my hands is wrapped around him holding him up and the other is lightly slapping his face trying to wake him up. My side is hurting from where my stitches are but I ignore the pain and focous on my brother.

"come on John B" Kie says. I feel my heart breaking until I hear him take a breath.

"Oh thank god" I say hugging him in the water. 

"did you find anything" JJ ask. I glare at him but he just shrugs.

"Did I find anything" John b remarks as he throws a black bag onto the boat. Pope and JJ help John b out. Then JJ gives me his hand and lifts me out of the water. 

"Hey guys bogee" Kie says looking behind us.

"Do you guys recognize that boat" I ask. Everyone shakes their heads no.

"Should we wait around for them?" Pope ask.

"No way, JJ get the bowie" John B says.

" I don't like this" Kie says starting to freak out.

"John B start the boat" I shout at him.

" I am, JJ hurry up" John B yells I run over to the front with JJ and help him pull it up.

"Don't wait on us go" JJ says as he sees the boat getting closer. John B gets the boat going right as we pull the anchor up. Me and JJ move past Kie to go to the back of the boat. Kie and pope sit in the front, John b drives and  I look behind us.

"I think we are being followed" I say to them

"Go into the marsh" Pope tells John B. We turn into the marsh and they turn aswell.

"We're definantly being followed" JJ says as he puts his hand on my thigh for comfort. I let him too worried about being chased to be mad right now.