30

Tsukishima Kei's POV

When I stepped inside her room, Yamaguchi was already there beside her. I couldn't deny how I felt my chest hurt when I saw them laughing together. I didn't like the feeling.

"I have another one!" she said, swiping on her phone. "Wanna see it?"

"Sure, [Surname]-chan," Yamaguchi replied, smiling at her.

I wanted to step out the room and give them time for themselves. However, I was stopped by [Surname] who seemed to have noticed my presence.

"Tsukki? Where are you going?" she asked, looking confused.

"I was just heading out," I said.

"You're leaving?" she asked with a frown. "Don't leave~"

"Fine."

I walked towards her and sat on the empty space near her. Yamaguchi, on the other hand, was on the other side of the bed sitting on one of the stools provided by the hospital.

"I was just showing Yama-kun videos of me playing volleyball while I was little," [Surname] said, swiping through her gallery. "Oh here! This is the one where I was new to volleyball."

[Surname] clicked on one of the videos. It started off with a seven-year old [Surname] who was in a gym. It looked like they were being taught how to play.

"Toss this to Hamako-kun, okay [Surname]-chan?" their teacher said.

"Okay!" the young [Surname] said.

Their teacher threw the ball, expecting her to toss it up. But, the ball simply went past her fingertips and fell to the floor.

"Oh?" young [Surname] said while looking at the ball on the floor. "What the?! I thought I caught it!"

The video stopped while our laughing started— well,  more of [Surname] and Yamaguchi were laughing while I was snickering. I glanced at [Surname] who was looking at me, probably wanting to check out my reaction. My eyes went to Yamaguchi— who looked like he was looking at her as well— before looking at [Surname] again.

When I did, she smiled at me, making me smile as well.

"One more!" She said, tapping on another video.

"We'll do receiving drills now!" their teacher said. "Line up!"

"Okay!"

Young [Surname] was third in line with a smile on her face. She was repeatedly shifting her weight from her heels to her tip toes while waiting.

"First! Yamato-chan!"

"Yes!"

"Takara-kun!"

"Yes!"

Finally, it was young [Surname]'s turn.

"[Surname]-chan!"

"Yes!"

The seven-year-old walked forward and bent her knees a little. Once the ball was spiked towards her, she adjusted her arms and tried to receive the ball.