22

Tsukishima Kei's POV

When I heard that she wasn't just resting within the campus, I approached Coach Ukai and asked him if he could bring me to where she was brought to. That request obviously caught our coach off-guard, but I didn't bother to react to that when I was too busy worrying over the volleyball idiot. The others wanted to go as well but when Yamaguchi pointed out how all of us visiting might overwhelm her, Daichi-san told the rest of the team to let me be the one to visit since I seemed to be the closest to her.

I wanted to say that Yamaguchi should the one to go and visit her since that'd probably lift her spirits more. However, once I remembered what she said before about being alone with Yamaguchi and how it would only be awkward, I decided not to push through with it. Besides, the idea didn't sit well with me either.

"I was honestly surprised when you asked me to bring you to where she is," Coach Ukai said.

"Why?"

"Well, I never really saw you care that much, to be honest. I never thought you'd show this much concern to someone. What is she to you, anyway?"

"Just a friend," I replied.

"A friend?" I heard Coach Ukai click his tongue as he took a right turn. "I guess I was mistaken then."

I looked out the window as I exhaled deeply. I knew what his statement meant. I wasn't dumb to not know what he thought.

I knew this was all out of character for me— caring about anything or anyone in general. I mean, sure I felt them but I never really showed it. Sometimes though, even people like me can't help but show how they feel when they're faced with certain situations.

I knew I shouldn't react this way. She was just a friend and that's all she should be. But, there are things that you can't control and suddenly you find yourself falling in a deep hole that you know you'd regret ever coming in close contact with. 

"Denial is never good," Coach Ukai said under his breath. I don't know if he wanted me to hear it or not but I did.

"I know," I said with a low voice.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"Hey Snow White," I said as I went inside her hospital room.

"Stop that," [Surname] said with a pout. "I'm going through something right now."

"What a new sight this is," I said, referring to her being on a hospital bed. I took a seat on one of the chairs near her bed before continuing. "So what is this something you're going through?"

[Surname] groaned as she leaned her head back. "Me being in a hospital means they called my parents when I fainted. If they didn't then I'd just be in an infirmary room right now or on my futon."

"That's what you're concerned about?" I asked, confused.

"Of course! Them finding out means I'd probably have to take a rest from volleyball longer than discussed before."

"But I thought you decided to take a break on your own?"

[Surname] looked at me with wide eyes before crossing her arms and huffing loudly. "I-I did! But I don't want to prolong it. I miss playing."

Tomorrow [Tsukishima Kei x Reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें