24

[Full Name]'s POV

For months, I've watched the boys train to prepare themselves for the upcoming tournament. I've seen them try and fail. I've seen them grow and succeed. I've watched them take the leaped to fly and how high they soared.

I've never been prouder to be a part of any team, even if I wasn't in the court with them. Despite the ache in my heart whenever I see others playing in a court I wished to stand in, I was still proud to stand on the sideline cheering them on.

All their hard work paid off and I knew it showed others as well with how they were playing against Shiratorizawa. They were in the fifth set while facing a powerhouse school. Than in itself is an achievement to be proud of considering how they were once perceived as flightless crows.

But the boys wanted more. They wanted to win and head to nationals. They all want to end this game still soaring. And that they included him, Tsukishima Kei, who was sitting right now in front of me while facing the nurse who was tending to his wound.

Even from behind, I felt it. He was already planning ahead what he'd do when he gets back to the court.

That thought made me smile. The moment I was waiting for Tsukki finally came to him and I'm proud as hell.

I looked at Kiyoko-san who was beside me. I gave her a look that showed what I wanted to do and she nodded, giving me a go signal.

"Hey #11," I said, sitting next to him. "You want to go back to the court, don't you?"

"Yeah," he said, looking at me.

"I guess it's time to say that I told you so, huh?" I said, grinning at me. "You've finally fallen in love with volleyball."

Tsukki gave me a smirk before saying, "Just like you, #6."

I couldn't help but smile wider once I heard him say my jersey name while I was playing with the girls' team. 

"Just like me."

"I'm not turning to a volleyball idiot like you though."

"But you're getting determined," I said. "So what's the plan, #11?"

"I'm gonna block one more spike from Ushiwaka," he said.

"Okay!" I said while standing up. I faced him and gave the most encouraging smile I can. "Well then, you better get going, huh?"

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

When Tsukki came back, we were one point away from losing the game. I stood beside Ya-chan who ran with me to the stands while Kiyoko-san accompanied Tsukki back to the benches.

I couldn't stop the laugh in me from coming out when I saw him approach Coach Ukai. He really wasn't hiding how he wanted to play more now.

The pressure and the atmosphere was really thick right now, but I knew that the Karasuno team had the skills to cut through them all and get that point. There was no way they're gonna let this game go down easily. No matter how tired they were, I knew they still had it in them.

As everyone roared when Karasuno got another point and started the deuce, I smiled sadly but proudly.

I missed playing in the court, but I'd never take the chance to if it meant having to miss their game today.

My hands gripped the rails as my head drooped down. I started breathing heavily as I tried to catch my breath. Shit, I ran earlier.