Chapter 11

Natsu POV
As soon as the track started playing , she started singing.
Only 1-

I have to say, I never get tired of her voice. When Lucy finished singing , everyone was clapping and cheering until Gramps questioned her once more. " And what will you be singing for your duet Miss Heartfilia?"
" I'll be singing Love Lies"
"And who is your partner?"
She smiled slightly before replying. "Natsu Drangneel" when I heard my name, I stepped onto stage and stood next to her, we looked at each other, took a deep breath, and sung.
Love lies -

We finished singing, both sweating a bit. We did a final bow, and headed off stage.

Lucy POV
As soon as we were backstage, I practically threw myself onto Natsu and started leaving kisses all over his face. " Thank you so much!" He was barely able to chuckle and respond back in between my kisses. Soon after I hear Levy's voice calling me, and when I turned around I saw everyone , and must I say, they looked gorgeous.

Levy was wearing a short long-sleeved dress; the top portion of it having a sweetheart neckline and covered in white lace whilst the skirt being orange.  Her hair was the same as usual , along with a cute orange headband, and she paired it all with plain white heels.

Juvia was wearing a baby blue, V-neck , short dress, which was covered in flowers in the top portion. It was cinched in at the waist with a thin diamond belt; to match, she had a small diamond clip in her gorgeous wavy hair, along with silver heels.

Mira was wearing a black , one-sleeved body con dress, which perfectly hugged her body. Even if it was plain, she managed to make it look elegant as she wore a diamond necklace and topped off her look with sparkly heels.

Erza was wearing a deep plunge red dress which just complimented her immensely. She was wearing a simple pearl necklace and her hair was in a high pony tail, tying the look all together were her matching red heels. I have to say she really did pull off the mono-chromatic look to a whole different level.

They all looked drop dead gorgeous; All the guys had matching ties to their 'date' and it was just too adorable. "Hey BunnyGirl! you didn't sound half as bad!" Gajeel said high-fiving me, i don't really understand why he calls me that, but i just go along with it. "Gajeel-kun doesn't know how to compliment, but you sounded amazing Lucy!" Juvia said receiving a glare from the said guy. "Yous two's voices really compliment each other"Says Laxus patting/ hitting Natsu's back, but i really do think our performance has a chance.

Time skip to an hour later~
It's been an hour, a while flipping hour since I've auditioned and we still haven't heard anything from the judges. Right now I kept pacing back and forth sure to nervousness: after hearing the other candidates' performances I felt self- conscious. Compared to them my voice sounded, basic. "Hey Luce! What's wrong ?" i jump a little hearing Natsu's voice coming from behind me "Nothing! I'm fine!" i mentally face palm myself, i somehow can never hide anything from him. He stared at me for a while before he started moving closer to my face. "Wha-" He stopped all of a sudden, and cupped my face with both of his hands. " Whatever it is, you need to calm that little head of yours. I'm sure everything is fine" He gently kissed me before hugging me and releasing my face.

We stayed like that for a while , before we heard the announcer speak again "Could all the candidates come onto stage please, i repeat, could all..." I look at Natsu , who just nods and smiles, before taking in a deep breath and slowly heading into stage.

All 50 candidates stood in 5 lines and, instead of telling us who got in directly, they gave each one of us a letter and told us to read it backstage. When I went back, all of my friends surrounded me with a confused look on they faces.

"What's that" Erza asked looking at the letter in my hand. "I don't remember receiving one of those when we entered school" Gray added. "Probably something new" Jellal says, now holding the envelope in his hands, inspecting it, then Levy snatches it off his hands and handed it back to me. "Who cares just open it!"

I agreed with her and slowly opens the envelope, with everyone still surrounding me and looking curious. I took out the paper and quickly skimmed through it , the only words which caught my attention were "You" and "Passed" As soon as I read those words I let out a sigh of relief and started jumping around with Levy and the others as they all understood, except..

"Why is everyone jumping? Luce? You got in? Or?" I was way too happy to shout at him for how clueless and dense he is , so I just hugged him and said "yes" real loud. In the background you could hear some people sulking because they didn't get in, whilst others were just as happy as me.

I was talking to Juvia and Erza , when I felt someone hugging me from behind . By the way he embraced me I of-course knew who it was. "Congratulations Lucy, I'm so proud of you" I smiled and turned around , only to have him kiss me on the forehead .

"Awee Natsu-san's cute side is showing" Juvia squealed getting a chuckle from Erza, and because of this, Natsu was annoyed. "Shut up" was what he replied with, burying his face in my hair, causing a fit of laughter among us.