[4] Sign Of Destiny

Maya

Maya's day began with a call for a house fire.

When they got there, the fire had already reached the roof, and the civilians were still inside.

Maya sent Hughes and Miller to retrieve them and told the others to take the hoses.

When the civilians were out, Maya recognized one..She was Dr. Diane Lewis, the psychologist of the department, but luckily she seemed fine, she had just inhaled some smoke.

Maya starts thinking..

What if that's a sign of destiny?

M-"Warren, keep me posted"

B-"Yes capitain"

Ben took her and her husband to the hospital, while Maya and her team returned to the station.

Carina

Carina woke up that day and decided that was time to go back to work.

She couldn't keep crying, so she took a shower, wore her favourite suite and her best smile and went to the hospital.

While visiting a woman pregnant with twins a nurse arrived.

N-"Dr. De Luca, Dr. Bailey wanted to see you in her office"

C-"Ok, thank you, I'm going"

In the office she found Bailey looked at her sternly.

C-"I know, Bailey..I'm..I'm so sorry..
It hasn't been a good week for me...
But now I'm here, ready to work...
I promise"

B-"Okay, but this is the last time that you leave me without an obstetric, and stop answering your phone, all right?"

C-"Yes, yes, I promise!"

B-"And....De Luca...I don't know what is the problem, but if you need to talk, we are here, we are like your family..."

C-"Thank you Dr. Bailey, I really appreciate that...."

Maya

Maya was thoughtful returning to the station, Andy noticed and started asking her questions..

A-"Maya what's going on?"

M-"What do you mean?"

A-"You look sad, stressed, I don't know...you don't talk to me anymore.."

M-"..Andy you know better than me, I'm a mess... I screwed up..."

A-"Do you wanna talk about it?"

M-"No..."

A-"Okay.."

M-"But that means maybe I should..."

A-"Maya, I'm here, I'm listening"

M-"I was...I was dating Carina, you know that..and everything was perfect, we like each other a lot..
But one day my mom walked into my office telling me that she had left my father...telling me that he was abusive...
She want me to go to therapy...
She also convinced Carina of that, and I do not agree with this!
But, Carina tryed to convince me...and...."

A-"And..?"

M-"I've slept with someone else...and I told her right after, yelling at her, because I was angry and because I'm stupid..."

A-"Who did you sleep with??"

M-"This is not important, Andy...
Listen, I regretted it instantly, but...i don't know...please say something I'm..I'm losing my mind..."

A-"You want the version where I tell you what I think, or the one where I say something to make you feel better?"

M-"Maybe both?"

A-"Okay Maya, listen...you are one of the smartest and strong woman I know, but you can be so terribly dim.
I don't know if your dad was abusive, what I know is that can't hurt you go to therapy, and you have a beautiful woman that worries about you.
If you really want her, you need to apologize, and maybe it wouldn't be enough, but you gotta do!"

Maya didn't answer but Andy knew that she had heard her words.
And when they arrived at the station Andy wrapped her in a big hug.