[35] The Key

Maya

The next morning I woke up with my alarm ringing.
I shut it down, looking at the other side of the bed, remembering that my beautiful girl is not here with me.
This though make me feel sad, so I took the sheets and putting them on my head covering all my body, I eventually fall asleep again.
I woke up with my phone ringing, but this time it's not the alarm, it's Carina.

"Good morning bambina, where are you? Are you already on your way here?"

I jump on my bed looking at the clock.
Shit. I overslept.

"Heey baby! Yeah I'm...I'm on my way, don't worry!!"

I said, starting to dress myself with the first things I found, while I'm still on the phone with her.
Thank god I took the shower last night...
In less then 10 minutes I'm in the car.

Carina

I'm ready, waiting for Maya.
And she's late.
I've called her like 10 minutes ago, she seems a little bit weird, but I don't think there's something wrong, she would have told me.
After a few minutes I see my car from the window, then I cuddle Jeff a bit.

"See you later sweetie, be good, and don't destroy my house please."

And after I make sure she has enough food and water, I head for Maya.
I look at her while she's getting out of my car.
And I immediately start laughing.
She is wearing some short black leggings, and a simple white shirt, but she has 2 different socks on her feet.
She looks at me confused.

"Buongiorno bambina, nice socks!"

I say, winking at her.
She looks at her feet, and then looks back at me, breaking into a loud laugh.

"I'm sorry babe, I know I'm late, I woke up with my alarm this morning and when I saw that you weren't there...I felt sad, and going back under the covers, I went right back to sleep..."

The thought of her with a big pout, going back to sleep because I'm not there makes me giggle.

"Don't worry Bella, you are so cute, and we can still arrive at work in time! Let's go!"

We head in the car together.

Maya

I just left Carina at the hospital, and I'm heading to the station.
I've missed my work during these days, but it felt nice to take some time with my woman, and just relax.
I'm grabbing my bag from Carina's trunk when I see Andy near the door of the station waiving at me.
I run towards her, and hug her in a big big hug.

"Heeeeyyy my favourite captain, we've missed you!!"

She says hugging me back.

"How are you feeling? Your arm? And how was your trip?"

"Good! Everything is good. My arm is totally healed, I'm feeling fine ready to go back to work and the trip was absolutely fantastic! You have to remind me to take days off more often."

"Don't worry, your gorgeous Italian doc will remind you!"

She says, with a winking, and she's right.
I smile big thinking about her.

"Look at you, when you think of her your eyes became heart-shaped!"

She teases me.

"I know, I love her so much...I'm actually thinking to ask her to move in with me..."

I said to Andy, while walking towards our locker.
Her jaw falls off immediately and putting a hand on her mouth she says

"Oh my god, Maya this is so cute!! I never thought you were ready to move in with someone, but I'm really happy for you two!"