Wedding Vows

The long week of waiting was finally over.

Link puffed his cheeks out nervously as he stared at himself in the mirror for the umpteenth time. He tidied up his already immaculate hair and then proceeded to straighten the flower and brooch on the lapel of his black tunic. He the held up a piece of paper in front as his eyes darted across the page of his spidery handwriting. He cursed as he felt the back of his neck becoming moist again as he ran back into the bathroom to splash water over his face.

"You've got this." He breathed, leaning over the sink, listening to the water trickling from the tap and into the drain.

He could feel the contents from his half-heartedly eaten breakfast rising up as he gripped the sink with all of his might to prevent it from making an exit.

"It's going to be the best day ever." He weakly said to himself, almost singing, "Oh Goddesses, why am I so nervous?!"

He tapped his polished boots on the floor, attempting to calm himself down.

"I... Definitely shouldn't have eaten that breakfast..."

********

Zelda twirled in front of the mirror as she adored the crisp white dress she had just put on. It was an immaculate white gown which hung off of her shoulders as it flowed down her body and gently skimmed the floor. She slipped on a pair of silk gloves, and pulled them up to her elbow, then flexed her hand out in front of her and she took a deep breath.

Flung on her bed was a bunch of Silent Princesses that were tied into a neat bunch by a blue ribbon, and beside it was a veil which was attached to a glistening tiara.

"Oh... I hope the food is ok..." Zelda mumbled as she began pacing the room, "And the cake. And the decorations. And that everyone has been invited. And the cutlery!"

She looked at herself in the mirror again, brushing down her dress, and fixing the golden trimmings which hung from her waist.

"And the toilets!" She burst out suddenly, "Dearest me, how could I not have thought of that!"

There was a knock in the door, and Zelda let out a quiet yelp.

"Your Majesty, are you ready?" A servant called out.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Zelda replied as she picked up the bouquet and her veil.

******

Link was stood at the alter of the castle's chapel, nervously tapping his foot on the floor. All of the guests were seated in pews, and were staring at him intently. It was lovely to see a mixture of races in front of him: Hylian, Zora, Rito, Goron and Gerudo. Sat at the front pew were the beaming faces of the allies who had helped him in save Zelda. His bride. Teba gave him the thumbs up as Yunobo punched the air, and Riju smiled. He smiled back, but then averted his eyes to gazing at the chapel itself.

The chapel was the second most beautiful place in castle, after the gardens, in Link's opinion. Behind him was a grand marble statue depicting a woman who held a harp in her hands, and was dressed in a flowing fabric. Link had a huge amount of respect for the sculptor since he thought they had managed to capture the divineness and serenity of the Goddess. Up on the ceiling was yet another outstanding form of art. It displayed the creation of Hyrule, and in the middle was three women, each dressed in red, blue and green respectively. Between the three of them was a golden triangle, which seemed to be shining across the land which these women were leaving behind. The art was stunning, perfectly reflecting how it must have been like to see the creation of the land they now dwelled in.

"You nervous old chap?"

Link turned his head to see Sidon smirking at him as he stood at his side. The Queen and General decided that the Zora Prince would be the perfect best man.