Return to Rito Village

After waking up to Link's cheery face beaming at her, Zelda got changed into her clothes for the day, and packed anything they had taken out of their bags. Link yawned, then went back to sleep, completely oblivious to Zelda scurrying around the room. For someone who slept for a very long time, he sure did find it easy sleeping.

Once Zelda had packed everything, she shook Link awake, who woke up slightly dazed, and urged him to put on his clothes and come down to breakfast.

"But I want to sleep..." He mumbled, before giving her his back.

"My, did you just say that you'd rather sleep than eat?"

"No, don't make me choose!" Link whined, "Making me choose between sleeping and eating is like me trying to make you choose between me or me."

"For the record, I prefer you to you. You are so much better than you." Zelda replied.

"Go away..."

And Link pulled the bed sheets over himself, and instantly began snoring.

"Stop acting like a child!" Zelda snapped, "Now wake up!"

She ripped the bed sheets off of him, to reveal the that the General was sleeping in his boxers and shirt, and dragged him out of the bed.

"But I don't want to go to school!" He cried, then sat down on the floor so she couldn't drag him any further.

"Link, for the Love of Hylia, would you stop!" The Queen hissed.

He laid down on the floor and placed his hands on his chest as though he were in a coffin.

"The spell is only broken by a true love's kiss." He whispered with his eyes closed.

"I am not putting up with this... Nonsense!" Zelda cried, "you can stay like that for the rest of eternity if you want."

The General was snoring again, and Zelda let out a groan of exasperation. She bit her lip thoughtfully, then kneeled down next to him. She could see his eyelids twitch as she brought her face closer to his and pressed her lips onto his lips. Before she could move away, Link pulled her onto him, and wrapped his arms around her. They kissed some more; kissing as though there would be no tomorrow.

"Come on now, Link, we should really get back on the road." Zelda said as they drew away from one another.

He stared at her with his big blue eyes, then sighed.

"I don't know where to go next..." he muttered.

The Queen smiled fondly at him, and brushed his golden hair out of his face.

"We can go to Rito Village, then we could explore the mountains." She offered.

"But last time we went to Rito Village." He sighed, "and there's somewhere else that I want to take you to."

"Ok, how about we go to Rito Village seeing as we're already on our way there, then we can go to wherever you want to take me." She smiled, "Link, you don't have to try to impress me, you know, I'd gladly go anywhere you like."

"Yeah, I know, it's just..."

Zelda rested her chin on his chest, and gazed into his eyes.

"I really love you." Link finished, "and I want to make sure that you have as much fun as possible."

The Queen rubbed her nose against his, then scrambled off of him and stretched.

"I've left out some clothes for you." She stated, "And I've packed everything else. We'll east breakfast, thank Malon then be on the road."