Early Riser

Zelda's eyes slowly flickered open to see the sun's beams flooding through the curtains into her room. As she watched the golden light scatter about, the sound of someone loud snore made her almost yelp out in fear. She glanced over at Link, who was sprawled across his side of the bed in only his boxer, with his blonde hair covering his face.

Zelda sighed and sat up and swung her legs over the bed so that she was perched on the edge, her silk night gown touching the floor.

She then thought back to what had happened the night before. She and Link had got back to the ball, way past midnight, and had dismissed the guests promptly, before hurrying up to her bedroom and passing out on the bed out of sheer exhaustion. She had guessed that Link was far to tired to go to his own room, and Zelda was thankful of that. It had been a while since they shared a bed, and she had quite liked waking up to the sound of his snores again.

"Why are you up so early?"

Link groaned as he rubbed his eyes and squinted at her.

"I can't sleep if you keep on snoring." She replied.

"I don't snore." He mumbled, resting his head on his pillow again.

"You do, and its exceedingly infuriating." Zelda snapped.

"Do pardon my photosynthesis." Link said matter-of-factly.

"I'm honestly surprised that you even know that word exists." She sighed, "Do you know what it means?"

"It means, 'you're being annoying, so shut up'." He replied hotly.

He crossed his arms over his chest and stared up at the ceiling.

"Are you planning on having a haircut any time soon?" Zelda asked.

"A haircut?!" Link repeated sceptically, "You must be crazy!"

Zelda smiled and shuffled closer to him, resting his head on her lap as she ran her fingers through his hair.

"It's just impossible to tame." She carried on, "I thought you'd  like to go for the more classic look."

"What, my hair parted into curtains?" Link chuckled, "What a ridiculous look."

Zelda continued to stroke his hair, and Link felt his eyelid become heavy as they slowly veiled his sky blue eyes.

"For the love of Hylia!" Zelda cried, "You are so lazy!"

"Its early!" He whined as her turned to the side, pulling the blanket over himself, "And we went to bed late!"

"You have things to attend to today." Zelda explained as she pulled the blanket off of him.

When she did that, Link could feel the cold stabbing at his bare body, so he curled himself up as tightly as he could.

"Its cold!" He cried.

"Then maybe wear more clothes to sleep!" Zelda snapped.

"I've slept for one hundred years in just my pants, its become a habit."

The Queen sighed as she got up and walked into the bathroom.

"Wait, that reminds me." Link said hastily before clambering out of bed and standing near the bathroom door, "Who took my clothes off, and who changed my pants?"

"What?" Zelda called out from the bathroom.

"Well, I realised that I woke up in different pants from when I took you to the Spring of Wisdom..." Link carried on as he searched in the drawers for some clothes, "Aha! I knew you still kept some clothes for me!"