Bound by Blood

"So you guys intend to visit all of Hyrule?"

Link, Malon, Zelda and Malon's father Talon- another name passed down many times-, were all sat around a rustic table in the dining room of Malon and Talon's house. It was a cosy room with the scent of freshly baked bread lingering in the air.

"Yes, we do." Zelda replied, daintily eating the food on her plate.

"Huh, well I recommend checking out Mabe Village if you have the time." Malon suggested.

"Perhaps we shall." Zelda smiled, "Right Link?"

Link had just stuffed a huge portion of food into his mouth, and now he was chewing on it frantically. Finally, he disregarded chewing, and just swallowed the food, wincing as it passed down his throat.

"Yes!" He gasped.

"You ladies better stop disturbing him." Talon chuckled, "The man needs to eat."

"That's all you care about, father." Malon snapped, "Food!"

"Link is the same!" Zelda laughed.

They carried on eating, and once they were done, Talon got up from the table, and patted his stomach.

"Well, I leave you youngsters to it, whatever it is you do these days. Late night partying? Anyway, I'm going to bed, I have to be up early tomorrow."

"Good night, sir." Link said.

"You two must come with me." Malon said eagerly once Talon was gone, "After I clear up the dishes, that is."

"Would you like me to help?" Zelda offered.

"Oh, no, that's quite alright, thank you."

"Nonsense, we can go wherever you want us to go much faster if I do help."

And so Malon and Zelda cleared up all of the plates as Link was slouched on the chair, patting his now fully belly with satisfaction.

"I think I have a food baby." He said randomly.

"Hey, who with? I don't remember ever causing it to happen." Zelda stated.

"I think you screwed up, Zelds, now I have to raise this accident by myself, then dump it in the toilet, again, by myself!"

"Sounds rough." Malon noted, a tone of bemusement in her voice.

"It is!" Link cried  dramatically, "You don't understand the hardships of processing all of this love in your body then just flushing it away like it's nothing! You'll never understand true pain!"

The two girls shared a sceptical look with one another.

"Oh well, that's life." Malon shrugged, "Shall we get going? Follow me."

As they followed her up the stairs, Zelda neared closer to Link.

"You're having way too many food babies," She whispered, "Maybe lay off the food for a while. You'll soon find that you can barely walk up a flight of stairs if you carry on like this."

Link smirked, then charged up the stairs.

"See... Piece of delicious... Fruit cake..." He panted.

"Link, when we get back, you're going to do laps around the castle." Zelda said with a smile.

Malon led them down the hallway to a door at the end. She opened it and stepped out into the fresh night air.

"Where is she going?" Link asked Zelda in a stage whisper.

"Trust me, you'll both like it." Malon said.

It was a tiny balcony, with a ramp leading up to the rooftop. She rushed up the ramp, and poked her head out from the top.