Chapter 2: Paris

Noah

Life could be worse. I mean working in front of the Eiffel Tower is definitely life goals. I have been living in Paris for more than six months now and teaching at its university has always been a dream of mine. Well, I wish my French would be better after all of this time. However, my 'exchange semester' here is technically over and I have to go back to Yale very soon. I decided to swap universities with Simon Hendricks. He is a close friend of mine; I studied with him and both of us were facing difficult times. He was going through an awful divorce and I couldn't stand seeing Andy day after day. He tried so hard to fix our relationship. But how can you fix something so broken? Well and then one thing led to another. We both needed a change and I really enjoyed the time here. I love to read books, novels, short stories and particularly poems by French authors. I love the country's culture, food, wine ... and its women. I had a lot of fun here. 

Well you may assume that I also left because of Emma ... and you are right. The thought of seeing her somewhere in the streets killed me. A huge part of me wanted to get her back ... to fight for our love ... to go to her shows, but I didn't do any of it. I packed my stuff, jumped into the next plane and  spent the next 6 months with brown and black haired women instead. However, whenever I see a blond girl, I frighten. I also had a hard time ignoring all the great feedback she got for Swan Lake. I mean, I wasn't surprised, but seeing her pictures, even in French newspapers, made me automatically throw them away. Not because I didn't care, but because I cared too much. I needed a smooth cut. I don't want to know what she is up to, with whom she spends her time ... or bed with. I simply admitted to myself that Emma and I aren't endgame ... as my students would say.

Birds - Imagine Dragons feat. Elisa