Chapter 66: Another Day

But how come the pain was real?

.....................................................................................................

Here I am. Again. Mal thought as she stole a glance at the clock at the white wall in front of her.

 It was the same health centre Harry was treated when he got shot. By Ben. She was lost in mind while a medical trainee which she recognized was the one who handled Harry the other day. It's Clarissa, if she wasn't mistaken. She cleaned up the blood and applied some antiseptic to prevent infections then wrapped her wounded arm with bandages. She dabbed to make sure the bandages were on the right place before giving her a smile. 

''There you go. Good as new.''  She headed to a corner with all the tool kits and began keeping them in place.

''Thank you so much, Clarissa. You helped me a lot. I don't know what to give in return. Thank you.'' Mal hopped off the small bed and checked on the bandages again. The trainee just smiled and she replied.

''Don't mention it. It's what I do. That wound may be bad but it can be treated. If you don't mind me asking, what happened actually? I mean, getting stabbed out of nowhere. That's rare.''

''No, no I don't mind. I was on my way to the parking lot where I saw some tracks of dirt on the ground. So, the curiosity that grew inside me led me to Ben's office by the VK's dorm. And what came in my sight was, I guess an intruder who seemed like he was searching for something.''

''It's a he?''

''Yes, based on his appearance, I think so. I tried to approach him but he just quickly turned around and threw a knife my way. Then, he lashed out through the window. I couldn't get a look on his face but he's unfamiliar to me.'' Mal told, trying to recall everything that happened. Should she tell Clarissa about the sudden cleaned-up-floor? Is that too much information?

''This is totally dangerous. People like him could hurt someone without we noticing. Maybe you should submit this issue to the Auradon administration.''

''Yeah, maybe later.'' Mal slid her backpack onto her shoulder. 

''Anyway, how is Harry? What's he doing now?'' Clarissa asked, concerned.

''Harry? He is doing great now. Stronger than he have ever been. He is working on his ship at the isle. A big one.''

''So great to hear that. Tell him I said  'good luck' on building his ship. And send him my attentive 'hello'. Hope I can see the ship sooner.'' Clarissa looked delightful.

''I will. Thank you. If you excuse me, I should get going and make sure Harry doesn't hurt his stomach again with one of the tools.''

She let out a low laugh. ''Yes, sure. I hope on seeing you both soon.''

And with that, Mal has left the chat. ;) She, without thinking, headed straight to the parking lot, again, but this time without distraction, and started the engine of her bike while putting on her helmet. She geared the bike towards the edge of the isle. It's past 3 o'clock. 

Time travels fast.

 Harry must be worrying about her and so does she towards him. But before she got to drive herself to the isle, she received a call from Audrey and she sighed, picking up the call. ''Yes, princess?''

''Mal, you need to be at the cafeteria right now. Fairy Godmother is here to ask about the incident and there's a witness.'' Audrey explained.

''Witness? What do you mean by 'witness'?''

''A student said she saw a man crashing into the park with full hands and running fast. Fairy Godmother need further information and you're the victim. It needs to be investigated.''