Chapter 56: Unchained

It's another fine day in Auradon. All students woke up early and got ready for their classes. Especially Mal. She was strolling down the corridor, smiling to students that passed by her and waving to a few groups of girls. She hasn't met or talk to her Vk's friends yet. She felt like not talking too much and tried to not think about Harry as it will be a distraction for her. She reached her locker at the hallway, in the middle of the locker row. The purple one with green graffiti. She unlocked it and grabbed some stuffs and books from it but her gaze fell on a locker, 4 lockers away from hers. 

Harry's.

It was his when he studied for a while here in Auradon before she asked him to leave. She exhaled heavily, rolling her eyes in frustration and slammed her locker close. Harry was everywhere. She can't avoid him. Not when she's stuck here in a horrible school full with memories and nightmares that was haunting her. She was snapped when the school's speaker was on.

''Attention, Mallory Bertha is needed in the Fairy Godmother's office immediately. Mallory Bertha, Fairy Godmother's office.'' 

Mal paused in motion for a while and began to head to the Fairy Godmother's office.

...........................................................................................................

''Fairy Godmother, is there anything that I can help you wit-''Mal knocked then twisted the door open and found Fairy Godmother standing behind a table not facing her with Belle on the couch and Beast by the window. All eyes were on her and she slowly closed the door and her eyes narrowed in confusion. ''Oh, Your highness, to what pleasure do I owe you?'' 

Mal approached the table and Fairy Godmother offered. ''Have a seat first, Mal.'' Mal did what Fairy Godmother asked her to and carefully studied Belle and Beast's facial expression so she can hazard a guess on why she was called to the office. She can tell that they were worried, grieved and stressed ''Umm..Can I know why my presence is needed here?'' Mal questioned because the minutes passed by but none of them talked. 

''Oh, sorry, dear Mal. We just need some time to think. Okay, so let's start with the beginning.'' Fairy Godmother spoke and she nodded. ''You know Ben got away, right? And we sent our units everywhere to search for him but he was nowhere to find. But we're still on the hunt until we catch him. You're here today so we can talk about this kingdom, Auradon, since in the mean time you're the lady of the court. We're having lots of trouble right now.'' Mal nodded as an understand to what Fairy Godmother said.

''There's a lot to do, Mal and the Lady of court need to make it solved. Okay, so, straight to the point. Without Ben, without the king, we're completely scared that we cannot proceed with the coronation and...of course you can't be throned as the Queen of Auradon. It's a must for us to crown someone royal by blood as the king, the princes. Well, what I'm trying to say is-''

''I can't become the Queen of Auradon and need to dethrone.'' Mal's gaze dropped on the floor, playing with her fingers, not meeting eyes with any of the adults in the room.

 Mal took a long and deep breath before releasing it harshly. At that moment, she felt like what she was doing before this was a waste and to nothing. Every second was useless and rubbish. She could do so much things in that 6 months. She couldn't have agreed to be the queen. She couldn't have agreed to come to Auradon. She couldn't have stop being evil and just listen to her mom. She should've rule Auradon in a dirty way. 

''I'm so so so and terribly sorry, Mal. It wasn't easy for me to say and accept the fact that you have to step down from this kingdom. But I hope you can cope with it and respect our decision and the laws. You and your friends still can stay here and have a nice life. We won't change anything.'' Belle suddenly disturbed, facing Mal as Mal looked at her. ''I know this is all a cause from Benjamin. I apologised for what you and the rest had to face and fight with him and one of you injured because of Ben's stab. I don't know what have gotten with my son and I can't imagine being in your shoes. This is not what we want. If we despair, we could just let you become queen but would you want to marry someone you don't love as your king? And misunderstand each other in the future.''

Belle was right. She doesn't want to live, locked up. She knew her heart is for Harry and only him no matter how hard she tries to forget him. He is everything to her and Auradon was nothing comparing to their deep and true genuine love. And it's been her desire to dethrone as the queen. She don't want to live among sparkling gold that hurt her eyes and manners and ethics. She rather sail across the sea and running around the isle and enjoy the wind with Evie, Jay, Carlos and of course, Harry. Oh, how desperate she was wanted to be in Harry's arms at that time. ''I understand and thank you for everything your highness has offered to me and my friends. It's time for someone else to feel what it's like to be a ruler. And from now on, I, Mallory Bertha, dethrone myself as the queen of Auradon.'' Mal pronounced forced a smile and standing up from the couch. Belle engulfed her into a hug and squeezed her a bit, finally let go. 

''You're a great lady, Mallory. I'm so glad to know you. I hope there's a great future ahead you.

''Same goes to me.'' Mal said, smiling at the beauty and the beast. ''I gotta leave. Don't wanna miss any class.'' Mal excused herself and walked herself out of the office.

When she left the office, she didn't just leave the crown but also the heavy responsible she had been carrying all this time. She stopped at the front, outside the office and started to text something in their VK'S chat group. She exhaled.

I have a huge news to tell you guys. Meet me at the white gazebo by the edge.

................................................................................................................................

Author's Note

MAL IS NO LONGER THE QUEEN OF AURADON!!!!!

What do you guys think of this chapter and the fact that Mal can't be the queen anymore? Is it a sad or a good new? How do you think the others are going to react? 

By the way, have you guys watch the Descendants video edit I made? What do you think?

Comment and Vote if you don't mind. Stay safe and love youu.