1.4 Olivia

September 4, 1946: Homeroom

Olivia strutted into her first class of the day, homeroom. It was her second day as a junior, and as always, a new day meant a new outfit. Olivia adjusted her cute school uniform, purposely raising the hem of her knees length skirt. Although Willesden did not have an official uniform, she decided to wear it because the boys loved it.

Her outfit consisted of a cream sweater vest that was tight in all the right places and a light blue A-line skirt, which complimented her skin well. Last night, she read the newest issue of Glamour magazine, and it stated that a zazz girl must always wear complementary colours to please her male friends.

Before the first school bell rang, Olivia and her squad were in the ladies' washroom fixing each other's hair. Olivia made Barbara curl her luscious black hair, using heated hair rollers. Then she fixed her smeared makeup since she had to walk to school today. Usually, she would be driven to school in her limousine, but the barouche broke down yesterday, so Olivia's father told her to walk today.

Unfortunately for her, the rain was drizzling from the sky, which messed up her mascara. Although to be frank, the area surrounding Willesden always looked dark and gloomy, like it was about to rain at any moment. Everyone was used to that by now, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Olivia, on the other hand, cursed the sky for ruining her mascara.

Olivia sat in her usual seat in the center of her squad. She peered over Carol's shoulder and gazed lovingly at Mr. Stevenson. Mr. Stevenson was certainly a hunk of heartbreak and the kindest teacher at Willesden High. He had light brown hair and glazing emerald eyes that Olivia found herself mesmerized by often. He was lean and definitely was a Jackson during his teen years. Olivia remembered screaming with joy when she found out Mr. Stevenson was her homeroom teacher for the year. She made it incredibly clear to her squad that she was the only one who can talk to Mr. Stevenson outside the classroom.

Olivia did realize that she gave too many strict rules to her squad, but what else did they expect after making her their leader? Plus, it was not like she considered them as her friends, except for Jess of course. Olivia felt like she already was doing enough charity for them by simply hanging out with them and sharing her popularity with them.

"Hey, Olivia," Jessica mumbled to her as she slid in her seat. Olivia's eyes lit up and she waved to her best friend.

"Jess! What's buzzin'? Your makeup looks groggy today," Olivia pointed out, noticing her sullen eyes that were cast on the ground. Jessica's arms were crossed and her ponytail was drooping as she slumped in her chair. Olivia knew that Jessica was always moody and lost in her world, but her ponytail and makeup would never take the blow.

Jessica sighed and shrugged at Olivia. "Yeah, I'm spiffy," she said, quietly.

Olivia raised her eyebrow but paid it no heed. Although, she did wonder why Jessica was such a dead battery most of the time. If Olivia were her, she would be living her life to the fullest. She would savour every moment in her body, as her beautiful blue eyes and silky blonde hair would attract any man. Olivia sighed as she gazed at her for another second, wishing she could be her.

They were best friends since childhood. They used to live across the street from each other before Jessica's dad died. But then Jess and her mom moved. It was fortunate they were still going to the same school, or else Olivia would have literally died. Olivia had no idea what she would do without her soulmate. They've been together for so long and went through so much together. Olivia truly felt comfort when talking to Jess. It was never like that with any of her boyfriends.

Speaking of boyfriends, Olivia's super hot and super popular boyfriend Josh, walked in the classroom. He entered with his football friends, fist-pumping them and punching each other in their usual jock-like manner. Olivia smiled at Josh and waved to him, and he waved back with a handsome grin. To be frank, the only reason why Olivia was dating Josh was that he resembled Mr. Stevenson in so many ways.