"There's something I want to show you." 

Puzzled look crossed her features, her muscles not giving up the tension that had made home there since yesterday evening. 

"Don't look so terrified." Layton sighed. "Just do as I say." 

"Okay, okay. Don't be so bossy." Catherine grumbled, grumpy that the sweet dream of finally hitting the bed was fading away. 

The room Layton had pointed her to was just as luxurious and empty as the rest of the flat, save for the pile of her stuff left onto the bed. It wasn't much.Some change of clothes and hygiene products. Though of someone digging through her underwear drawer had her cheeks pink. 

These people have no sense of privacy.

She quickly washed her face and put on fresh clothes. Still far from looking like a decent human being, but this was the best she could do. Her overly pale skin and dark bags under her eyes could spook even a ghost back into the grave. 

Layton was already waiting for her downstairs, dressed in a casual black t-shirt and pair of matching jeans. This was the first time she saw him wearing anything that wasn't a suit. His hair was slightly messy, having grown tad longer since the first time she met him. He looked like a hot bad boy you would see in Hollywood movies. 

The steely gaze hadn't changed, though. After all this time, it was still hard to get used to his piecing sea blue eyes. 

"Let's go."

Why his every word has to sound like an order?

"Where are we going?" Catherine questioned as they left the apartment, her tired self struggling to keep up with his fast pace. 

"You'll see." 

I have a bad feeling about this....

An elevator took them down to an underground parking lot. If someone stole all the cars parked there, they would be rich on instant. Just about every fancy car brand could be found there. Catherine couldn't help ogling at a black Ferrari they passed by. This was madness! How could people get that much money!? 

"Stop staring and get in." Layton spoke up from behind her, making her flinch. 

"Get in where?" 

"The Ferrari you dumbass." 

"It's yours?!" Catherine nearly shouted, not bothered by Layton's frown. 

"Yes, it's mine. I wanted to go for something less flashy, but since you keep staring at it..." 

Less flashy....that means he has more cars!?

"Can you even drive? I though people do it for you." Catherine circled the car, careful not touch it. God forbid she scratched it, no salary could possibly cover the expenses! 

"It's only for work." Layton started the engine, mighty roar echoing through the parking lot. She barely had enough time to buckle up before he stomped on the gas pedal and sent the car flying down the narrow space. 

I'm going to die young!

Catherine clung onto her seat as they sped away. The car swiftly cruised down the road,reflecting the setting sun. 

"Slow down you maniac! Some of us aren't immortal!" The poor girl exclaimed, gripping onto her seat belt. 

"I'm not immortal." 

He just completely ignored my point!

A small smirk came onto his face, eyes sill fixed onto the road. Layton looked like he was enjoying himself and Catherine's screaming as well. He was purposely taking those corners faster than he should, her protests like music to his ears. 

The air had been so heavy and now it seemed almost...playful. Eventually she got used to Layton's reckless driving. He still refused to tell her where they were going no matter how hard she pried. The sun had gone down when the car rolled to a stop, miles from city. 

"We'll be there soon." Layton announced, getting out from the car. Catherine followed the suit,dubious. It wasn't everyday that she went on a road trip with a dangerous sin. 

They were in some sort of park. It might've been pretty during the day, but in the dark it looked rather creepy. She quickly caught up to Layton up a small incline. 

"Where is this exact-" She cut herself off. Her breath caught in her throat when a glamorous view of Seattle came in sight. From the hill they could see the entire city glow up in contrast of velvety darkness. Millions of lights reached as far as eye could see, glimmering and illuminating the ubiquitous buildings. It was stunning. 

"Wow...." She sighed, amazed. "It's so beautiful." 

"I know." Layton agreed. His expression was...gentler...than it usually was. Relaxed. 

They took a seat on nearby bench, her eyes peeled on the scenery. "Do you come here often?" 

"I come here to think." He replied, giving her a brief glance.

"It's a cool place to think. I had only my rotten apartment." Catherine chuckled bitterly, recalling how he had named the only place she could afford. 

She was still mad, but in such a nice place she couldn't bring herself to think about it. For once she wanted some peace. 

"I'm sorry." 

Her eyes widened. Did she just hear things? 

Did he just...apologize!?

"What did you just say?" A wide smile bloomed on her lips. So miracles did happen! 

"You heard me. I won't repeat myself." Layton frowned, looking away from her. It could be the trick of her eyes, but she could've sworn his ears turned a shade of pink. 

Catherine grinned ear to ear. She had just made Layton Grim blush.