𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. WE ARE GROUNDERS

Start from the beginning

"What do you want me to say, Clarke?" Bellamy asked defeated.

"I want you to say that you're with us. Those kids out there, they listen to you." She said nodding behind them.

"They're lining up to go. They listen to you more." He denied.

Astra sighed, "Because no one wants to go to war if they can run away. They're tired, we're tired; we can't stay here anymore." Astra stressed taking a step forwards towards the larger man, "They listen to both of you. It's you whose been barking orders for the camp, not Clarke." She said as he glanced to the blonde Griffin who nodded in agreement, then to Astra whose eyes softened slightly. "So, man up, so we can maybe survive another day down here. I'm not going out on someone else's terms." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

Bellamy licked his chapped lips and nodded, "Alright." He said though he wanted to deny it, she and Clarke had a point. "We go."

Astra's lips parted, slightly stunned he agreed, nonetheless she looked towards Clarke who nodded and walked over to Raven helping her sit up, Alex following in pursuit.

She looked back to Bellamy who looked hesitant still on the idea of leaving, she reached up slowly and placed her hand on his forearm. His dark eyes instantly meeting her emerald/hazel ones.

Once everyone had been gathered, their belongings packed; they began their trek towards the ocean where both Ares and Lincoln had informed Finn about.

Astra clutched her bow in her hands tightly as she watched the delinquents exit the camp one by one. Bellamy looked around him, what they had achieved, everything they had done, now leaving it all behind.

Clarke nudged her friend who glanced over at her in confusion. She nodded towards Bellamy. Astra watched as he stood in the centre of the camp with a frown.

With a sigh she walked over and tapped the tip of her bow against his back, "Everyone's heading out now. It's just you." She said peering over his shoulder as he began to turn around and face her, "I get it, okay. You did this, you accomplished all of this, and it sucks leaving it behind." She nodded with a frown, "But, if you think about it, whether we're out there or in here, we're not safe."

"I know you blame me." Bellamy said as she titled her head at him, "I know you're sick of hearing me say this but it is my fault. We're not just leaving behind the camp, our people--" He barely finished looking off to where their people were buried. "Eighteen, Astra. Eighteen kids."

"Eighty two alive." She remarked, her sad eyes met his. "I don't want to leave, Wells is here." She bit down on her lip pushing aside the urge to cry at the name of her fallen friend. "This isn't your fault, Bellamy."

"The three hundred, Murphy, Charlotte, starting a God damn war?!" He breathed out as everything began to really sink in. Astra walked over and placed her hand on his forearm gently, "It is. I should've listened to Finn, you -- I know you wouldn't trust someone if you didn't think they could help us. But I made it worse and now--"

Reacting on instinct, she wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him. She awkwardly waited as his arms slowly wrapped themselves around her smaller frame.

"You saved us." She murmured into his thick jacket.

Bellamy looked down at the blonde who pulled away much to dismay. She pressed her lips into a thin line and nodded towards the fire behind him, "Let's go."

Bellamy put out the fire and dropped the can, he walked alongside Astra gun in hand as they followed alongside Clarke.

They soon came to a halt as instructed by Octavia who led the delinquents up ahead.