𝐢𝐢. MOUNT WEATHER

𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄.
➶-͙˚ ༘✶ 𝖬𝖮𝖴𝖭𝖳 𝖶𝖤𝖠𝖳𝖧𝖤𝖱 ˎˊ˗
╭        ╮

╰                                                          ╯---                           𝚆 𝙰 𝙽 𝙳 𝙴 𝚁 𝙻 𝚄 𝚂 𝚃oo2

╰       ╯
--- 𝚆 𝙰 𝙽 𝙳 𝙴 𝚁 𝙻 𝚄 𝚂 𝚃
oo2. T W O. 🪐🕊⚔️

𝙏 𝙃 𝙀 𝘼 𝙍 𝙆.
SEPTEMBER 13, 2149
𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗗𝗔𝗬

THE lights on the screen flickered before Marcus' eyes. His doe eyes focused on one face in particular, a blonde with hazel irises that mirrored his late wife's. He bit down on the skin around his thumbnail as he watched her vital signs, anxiety rippling through him.

He briefly glanced over seeing Abby entering the room with Jackson.

"We know they've landed, but communications are down, which means we're still blind to conditions on the ground. Thanks to Abby's wristbands, at least we know how those conditions affect the human body, which is more than we've had for a hundred years. So nice work." He nodded to Abby and the rest of the group surrounding him. "Now, what are they telling us?"

"Two dead kids, dark tiles." She nodded to the large screen above them. "Dr.Jackson, please share our theory with councillor Kane."

Jackson nodded, "Of course. granted, they've only been on the ground for seven minutes, but as of now, we believe the fatalities are due to the landing, not radiation levels."

Kane nodded his gaze lingering on the screen.

Noticing Kane's eyes lingering on his daughter's name plate on the screen, Abby spoke up.

"Both boys died at the same time that we lost contact with the drop ship."

"Rough landing? That's your theory?" He asked sceptically and in disbelief.

"The dots connect." Abby remarked.

"Would you agree that if it was radiation, we'd see fatalities climb fairly quickly now? Because I'm noticing a lot of red on that board." He argued pointing at the screen.

"Spiking vital signs, two possibilities; one, injuries sustained during landing." Abby retorted.

Kane stood up and looked towards her with a raised brow, "And the other?"

"They're excited to be there."

Kane pressed his lips into a thin line, his dark eyes focussed on Astra's Kane tile. Nerves nipped at him as he silently hoped her name would remain lit up.