☆ 𝟞 : t is for trauma

Start from the beginning

    'Prongs, really now,' [y/n] sighed. 'If I eat too much, I'll just throw up on the pitch.'

    'You've barely eaten a slice of bacon,' James replied, aggressively sawing away at the sausage.

    'James,' [y/n] hissed.

    'What would Mum be saying now, hm?' James continued, picking up the slice of sausage with the fork.

    'She'd be telling you to leave me alone.'

    'No, she wouldn't,' James argued. 'Now, here comes the magic broom. Weeeeeeeee...'

    [y/n] sat and stared blankly at James, sharing her glance between his angrily furrowed eyebrows and the forkful of sausage he was holding up in the air for her to eat.

    'You're going to be wonderful with kids,' [y/n] remarked sarcastically.

    'Of course I will, I seem to be having plenty of practice with the baby sat in front of me.'

'Morning all,' Remus greeted, sitting down at the table. 'Sorry I'm late.'

'Morning,' [y/n] replied groggily, James still holding the sausage in the air.

'What's with the Renaissance portrait going on here?'

'Someone won't eat breakfast before her first match,' James muttered.

'And someone is trying to force me,' [y/n] retorted, refusing to break eye contact with James to greet Remus properly.

'Mother-hen Potter living up to his name,' Remus laughed, sticking his feet up on the bench.

    James spluttered. 'I am not your mum,' he protested. 'That roll goes to either you or Paws.'

    'Prongs, I'm probably the least responsible person at this table,' [y/n] stated. 'Plus, Moony skips meals to study and laughs at us when pranks backfire instead of helping.'

    'Yeah,' Peter reinforced. 'You tell me off for playing chess instead of doing my homework.'

    'And you tell me to stop picking the scabs off my cuts,' Sirius added.

    'This was meant to be about Paws not eating her breakfast,' James muttered, dropping the fork onto the plate and pushing it back towards [y/n].

    'Potter,' McGonagall called through the Hall from the doors.

    'Professor,' James replied with a smile.

    'It's time,' McGonagall said firmly, determination plastered across her face.

    'Come on then, team,' James encouraged as the seven players, Remus, Sirius and Peter left the Gryffindor table.

'Maybe I'll have one sausage,' [y/n] pondered before grabbing the food off her plate and eating it.

'Now you decide to eat!' James exclaimed. 'When we're leaving!'

[y/n] shrugged her shoulders and took another bite of sausage in response.

'Oi, Black!' a voice shouted from behind the group as they made their way to the Quidditch grounds.