☆ 𝟙𝟚 : the quidditch cup

twelve the quidditch cup

🧣

'... AND RAVENCLAW HAVE possession, the Quaffle in the hands of Crouch,' Sirius commentated. 'He goes for the hoop and scores! That's Slytherin, fifty; Ravenclaw, one-hundred and sixty. The way this is going, Prongs, you're going to owe me that bottle of Firewhisky.'

  'One more mention of gambling or alcohol,' McGonagall could be heard scolding. 'I'm warning you, Black.'

    'WHICH ONE?' [y/n] yelled over the cheering, hands cupped over her mouth in a feeble attempt to project her voice.

'Concentrate, Paws,' James hissed, pulling the girl back down to her seat be the edge of her cardigan. 'You need to be watching carefully — we're playing the snakes next week, we need to work out their tactics.'

    'Oh, can't you just enjoy a game?' [y/n] groaned. 'You're always so het-up and anxious about everything.'

'If I'm going to play for England when the war is over, I need to have a good track-record.'

'So it's not the looming threat of McGonagall murdering you that's your motivation?' [y/n] teased, to which she received an elbow to her side from James.

'Bertie Bott's, anyone?' Peter asked.

'No, thank you,' Remus grimaced, pushing the box away. 'I know you've worked out how to sniff out the good ones so I know it's only the bad ones left.'

    '... and the Quaffle is back into Slytherin's possession — Stebbins goes to pass,' Sirius continued after another quick scolding from McGonagall. 'Crouch intercepts yet again! What a player!'

    'He's one to watch out for, is he?' Lily asked, feigning interest as she continued to highlight her Charms textbook. 'I've heard his name mentioned a lot.'