☆ 𝟙𝟝 : times a-changing

fifteen times a-changing

🧣

30th January, 1980

'HELLO, PEOPLE WHO don't live here.'

'Hello.'

'Hey!'

'I do live here.'

    'Then act like it, Mr Potter,' Lily scolded, whipping the man with the tea towel in her hand. 'This is meant to be my day to relax, not yours.'

'Couldn't we just wait until Paws and Moony get here?' James whined, sinking in his armchair and sticking his feet up on the footstool.

'No,' Lily said firmly, before pointing to each of the three men in the living room. 'James, I want you to get cutlery ready for lunch, Sirius, feed the kneazle —'

'Oh, do I have to?' Sirius complained. 'Get Wormtail to do it, he never does.'

'Yeah, because she always tries to bite my fingers off,' Peter recalled, knees to his chest as he sat on the sofa, eyeing Minnie suspiciously. The ginger creature mirrored him.

'Get some more wood from the garden for the fire then,' Lily huffed, waving her hand impatiently.

'But it's cold —'

'Sirius, just do something useful for once in your life,' Lily snapped. 'I'm already carrying one child, I didn't expect to have to look after you, too. This isn't a mansion and I'm not a house elf.'

    'Well,' Sirius said, taken aback. Peter suddenly became very occupied with fixing the fold in the curtains by the bay window whilst James left to retrieve the cat food from the kitchen. 'I —'