☆ 𝟝 : a year of age

five a year of age

five a year of age

🧣

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO you! Happy Birthday to you!'

    [y/n] opened her eyes to darkness, except for the small flicker of candlelight making its way towards her. A dark, spectacled face hovered behind the light as the five figures approached her bed.

    'Happy Birthday dear [y/n]! Happy Birthday to you!'

    Alice, Dorcas, Lily, Marlene and Mary laughed as [y/n] sat upright in her bed.

    'Make a wish, Black!' Dorcas grinned, thrusting the chocolate cake towards the birthday girl.

'I wish that I never have to be woken up by your singing ever again,' [y/n] stated as the others chuckled. 'It's just as well none of you are in the Frog Choir!'

    [y/n] closed her eyes tight before blowing out the candles, the time in which she would have made a wish occupied by the thought of what presents awaited her, namely what Remus had got her from Maestro's.

    'Lumos!' Lily whispered, the other girls following suit. 'Happy Birthday, [y/n],' she smiled, hugging her pyjama-clad body in the cold.

    'Thank you, ladies,' [y/n] grinned.

    'So, to kick-off celebrations,' Marlene started, opening her bedside cabinet and handing [y/n] a bottle, 'I have decided that you deserve a wild day to begin your eighteenth year of life.'

    [y/n] smirked as she took the Firewhiskey from the blonde, playing with the scarlet bow Marlene – or more likely, Dorcas – had tied perfectly around the cork of the bottle.

'I,' announced Lily, 'have bought you one of my favourite Muggle plays. It's quite famous – I'm sure you'll love it too.'