☆ 𝟟 : christmas

seven christmas

seven christmas

🧣

WINTER WAS CERTAINLY the most magical time of year, even for wizards and witches. It was something about how the snow fell gently and made every surface it landed on sparkle. The way in which the crackle of the common room fire seemed more personal during the cold nights and the atmosphere in the air that made everyone tipsy on happiness made the season unlike any other. The excitement for Christmas always caused an odd anticipation for the year to end but the mock exams for N.E.W.T. students meant the days dragged longer than they normally would.

Unfortunately for [y/n], she had spent the majority of her time the past month hobbling around on a pair of wooden crutches that didn't do much for stabilising her balance as she hopped around on one leg. Alas, she refused to give up the inconvenience as she didn't want to damage the hard-work that Madame Pomfrey had done in resetting her broken bone. [y/n] was so determined to help Remus on the full moon at the end of November that she went to the lengths of conducting her own research about transforming with broken limbs. Granted, all she did was ask Professor McGonagall a 'hypothetical' question and the answer she received was very vague, but upon gaining a warning from Remus which mentioned something along the lines of never talking to her again if she risked ruining her limb if she helped, [y/n] spent a lonely night in the common room with Minnie pouncing on all her Charms notes, shedding her ginger kneazle fur wherever she rolled around.

A week before Christmas, [y/n] found herself back in the Hospital Wing for her last check-up with Madame Pomfrey. She took her final, disgusting dose of Skelegro and walked up and down the aisle between the beds to prove she could carry her weight on her leg before being sent on her way.

    [y/n] practically skipped into the Transfiguration classroom for the final lesson of the term and jumped into her seat in the middle of the room next to Remus.

    'Sorry, I'm late, Professor,' [y/n] said with a grin. 'I was with Madame Pomfrey.'

    'No need to worry, Miss Black,' McGonagall replied before addressing the rest of the class. 'I will be taking in your essays on the bird-conjuring charm today, so if you'll pass them down to Mr Pettigrew's and make sure your names are on them.'