☆ 𝟡 : valentine's day

nine valentine's day

🧣

SHE KNEW SHE should have kissed him. Here she was, almost a month later, and the mere idea of it had been playing on her mind the entire time.

    There never seemed to be a moment where she didn't think about him. She'd often sit on the windowsill in the common room to do her work only to find herself daydreaming about what could have happened if she had just stayed where she was that night for two more seconds.

    At the party the gang threw for Lily's birthday, she followed him around the common room like a sheep which, apparently, was a common thing for her to do, because no one was confused by it.

    In Quidditch training, she got hit square in the face by the Quaffle because she distracted herself by watching him do his reading in the spectators' stands. Yet, she found herself not feeling any pain as the blood trickled out of her nose because they way he lay flat on his back holding his book an arm's length above his head was just so darn cute.

    After the full moon, she stayed with him in the hospital wing and stroked his hair until he went to sleep, much to Sirius' apparently glee. [y/n] was confused by the reaction, but she found herself not caring when he left to tell James and Peter because she was too busy looking after him.

    Just the other day, she caught herself focussing her concentration on the way he could take two steps at a time coming up the staircase to the boys' dorm instead of practicing the colour-change charm with James, accidentally turning the spectacled boy's hair green.

    [y/n] knew that it was bound to happen eventually. Everyone fancied their best friend for a brief moment of time at some point in their lives, right? She liked James once upon a time back in first year – Merlin, she had already liked Remus in third year – but, like on those occasions, the feelings would go away eventually. It's not like they would have another opportunity like the Celestial Ball for a moment that intimate to happen again, so she had the chance to forget about it and pretend that the returning thoughts she'd been having the last few months never occurred.