☆ 𝟙𝟞 : the epilogue to an era

sixteen the epilogue to an era

🧣

3rd November, 1981

THIS WAS NOT how she was meant to be spending their birthday. It was meant to be her and her brother, her husband and their daughter, her best friend and his wife with their son and her other best friend in the family cottage passed on to her by her parents-in-law.

It was supposed to be a quiet day where the family they had made could spend another day together, reminiscing over old pranks, making jokes about the responsibilities they had taken on and they'd all fuss over toddler Charlotte, whose accidental magic caused havoc wherever she went. A day of exploding snap championships and Remus' cooking. A day where James and Lily would try and out-do each other in their gift-giving and Peter's unorthodox child-minding antics which would end in a game of pass-the-parcel between the two babies. A day full of Sirius' laughter and Harry's feeble attempts to copy [y/n]'s dance moves to the Beatles' songs on the record player.

Instead, three of them were dead, one was in Azkaban, another sent to the Muggle world and the remaining three were sat in the Burrow as the Order meeting droned on throughout the day. It was difficult with so many children in the house, but Molly Weasley handed the responsibilities on to Bill and Charlie which were ultimately taken on by five-year-old Percy.

    '— with You-Know-Who gone, what next?' Frank asked into the huddle at the Weasleys' large kitchen table.

    'There's still some rounding-up of his greatest fanatics to do, and we'd manage to breed it out of their kids by the time they graduate if Black —' [y/n] rolled at Moody's use of ger maiden name. '— finally made a decision regarding Dumbledore's offer —'

    'I said I'd find the time to consider it when I don't mind being separated from my toddler for so long,' [y/n] interrupted with a heavy sigh, bouncing Charlotte on her knee.