☆ prologue : in the beginning

═══════════════════════════════

prologue in the beginning

💫

IT WAS SAFE to say that when [y/n] Ursa Black stepped into King's Cross Station, London, with her brother, Sirius Orion Black, the pair just a few steps ahead of their younger brother, Regulus Arcturus Black, and their mother, on September 1st, 1971, she did not expect to be so overwhelmed by so many Muggles which her mother hissed and cursed under her breath about as they walked past them.

    'Sirius, I'm nervous.'

'Don't be nervous, [y/n]!' Sirius exclaimed. 'You're a Black!'

    'So?' [y/n] said.

'Everyone will love us! They always do!'

'But what if –?'

    'No 'buts' and no 'what-ifs?', [y/n],' Sirius interrupted. 'Let's just wait here for Mother and Reggie and think about all the people that'll start bowing down to us.'

    'All right,' [y/n] said gently, excitement suddenly rushing to her head.

    'Come on, Mother!' Sirius shouted.

'Yes, all right, Sirius,' Mrs Black said briskly, marching along with a relatively quiet Regulus following behind her. 'Just run through the barrier with your trolley, dears. Regulus and I will come through shortly.'

    'Me or you first?' [y/n] asked.

    'I think there's enough room for the two of us to go at the same time,' Sirius said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

    'Well, let's see, shall we?' [y/n] replied, the same look in her grin. 'See you in a moment, Mother!' She turned to her brother. 'Ready, Dog-Star?'

'Ready, Bear-Star.'

      Sirius and [y/n] Black were the eldest children of Orion and Walburga Black and twin brother and sister. They had been brought up in a respectable, pure-blooded family with a lot of wealth and received years of homeschooling, resulting in them being highly intelligent in nearly all the subjects they'd be learning at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizadry, a school which they were attending for their first time that day.

'Dear Merlin,' [y/n] and Sirius gasped as the duo emerged from the barrier.

They gazed around the hectic scene – children and parents running around the platform, owls screeching in their cages as they were placed into the luggage carriage and there, ready and waiting in all its shiny scarlet glory stood –