017

SUEDE CARTER
📍Bel Air, California

Sage gets to come home in three days, she had to stay a little bit longer due to the numerous tests that they had to run and her high fevers she'd get during the night. It hurts me seeing my baby sister suffer, none of this was normal, she was healthy but even then sometimes life gives you a kick in the ass for no reason.

I offered to watch Sage tonight to give our parents a break and it was quite clear that they needed to relax a bit after the whole social media fiasco that my mother had went on a rant about on her social media platforms. That woman has a voice.

"Hello my dear beloved favorite sister" I stretched my arms from the corners of the door frame that led to her room, and posed for her, recently I've become a model - well I had a photoshoot for Overtime for my extraordinary volleyball skills and ever since Sage loves to joke about how I was born to be a model and not a volleyball player

She turned toward me, ripping the oxygen that was suggested to be worn "Yes! The icon is finally here"

Ever since the accident we became closer and I wish I hadn't waited that long to be closer to her. If things didn't end in good terms and I lost her, I would've never been able to forgive myself for not getting to know my sister the way her friends and Dawson do. She's my soulmate for real, I admire her strength and the voice that she has and shares with the world.

"How you feeling? I brought chic fil a" I rose my brows knowing it's my sister's favorite fast food, she's been dying to get a taste of it since she was forbidden to eat any solids for quite sometime

I saw her clap her hands and squeal in excitement as if we were still little girls getting our first puppies on Christmas of 2007. Exactly like that day, her PT has been 3 hours everyday, and it's going to have to go on for at least a month or two but the journey isn't a problem because there are so many people out there that love her to shreds.

"What  movie are we watching tonight? Sappy love romance or Some RomCom  or drama or thriller? Can't do horror movies, we're in a hospital literally ten times worse" I scootched right next to her, catching some fries in my mouth as we scrolled through the tv

Paxton was smart and kind enough to offer and bring his amazon  fire stick so Sage doesn't end up losing her mine, completely. Hospitals are draining, emotionally, mentally and spiritually, we wanted her to not be in a depressed mental state because that's tough on a person. Our sister deserves everything great in life, she's given her all to everyone and we're meaning to do the same. 

"Hmm, how about 'He's Just Not That Into You'?  Kind of fitting, kind of in the mood to simp a little bit, not because I'm love less and in a cripple" She explained, making sure that I know that she isn't depressed or sad or feeling lonely because she's not and never will

I stared at her for a quick moment to make sure that she was absolutely alright before taking in her request and watching the movie.  It was noon, and Sage is in PT, I offered to help and she took it but until she struggled to walk she asked if I could get her some ice cold water which I know is just a ploy for me to not see her weak.

I cried in the corner, with a jug full of ice cold water, she didn't want to be seen weak and failing and that hurts me. It broke and tore me to pieces.

"Hey, what's going on? Where's Sage is everything okay?" Jordan pulled me from the corner and hugged me tight, rubbing my back to calm me down