011

S A G E    C A R T E R
📍crenshaw, california

*  b l o c k    p a r t y *

"Hey" I smiled, came into the house and sat myself on the couch, though by the looks of her familiar face she didn't like that I just barged in like that- she must be the one he's been talking about, huh I could've sworn that Spencer had a thing with her, unless I'm completely mistaken.

Darnell let out a small chuckle "How you been?"

I looked up at him as I'd already made myself comfortable "You see me everyday, school, my house, my dad's office my brothers room- I basically live with you, you know that?"  Another chuckle, I turn around and look back at her, she had her braids falling down her shoulders and an uncomfortable smile was written all over her face

"Aren't you like Spencer's ex? Darnell's kinda half brother but kinda really not?" Her face went white, eyes darting back toward Darnell

"Uh, Sage" He came toward me, getting the chance to shut me up "Kia's my girl" My eyes grew big, that son of a bitch! I coughed, choking on the water that was midway down my throat "Oh, well uh- con- con, uh, that's great" I really didn't know how to respond to that, Darnell calls me his best friend and I gratefully applauded myself for being a wonderful friend but I'm not even sure this is the right thing but I mean what the hell do I know about doing the right thing?

"Thanks" Hands made its way to his pockets, it was getting awkward and I had to get myself out of this situation because I know where this will lead and I am not up for it "I actually have to go help, my mom uh she's probably waiting for me, see y'all out there"
Quickly got out of my seat and Darnell was quick to follow me out the door

"Does Spencer know? I mean you brought his ex to his house, that's- that's so foul! I mean are you feelin alright? Oh God you're gonna fuck up a brotherhood with Spencer, him legitimately being your only family " I freaked out because I know how a falling out looks like and how it starts, I've been there before.

Darnell hustled around, ignoring my question "I was gonna ask you for a favor"

I laughed, patted him on the back "Jordan and I had a falling out remember? You'd have to talk to Olivia on that, she's got a closer connection and plus why would you even put yourself in this situation smart ass?" I pushed his shoulder causing him to go off balance for a bit

"Hey!" We laughed

"I'll see what I can do alright? I'll see you in a bit" I pat him in the back as he gave me a quick smack right up the head

"Alright, thank you"

The block party was only a few blocks away, I walked.  It's not like anything bad is going to happen to me  during a block party- it's where the everyone is supposed to be at  peace for the neighborhood, plus my car had a good parking spot across the venue  and I couldn't lose that.

"Hey" I answered the call, Isaiah's back in Texas and I'm supposed to see him tomorrow night or I'm trying to surprise him and drive down there a day earlier, tonight- it's a whole 7 hour drive and I don't mind the drive at all. Since Parker's school is going against Isaiah's for both basketball and football there wasn't a chance Suede and I are going to miss to witness this. Of course we'd have to watch those two on separate times.