[20] Good morning

Start from the beginning

After a moment I pull back and hold her face in my hands. "I know you're meant to hate me, and I'm meant to hate you. But I don't," I wipes her tears. "I've never felt this way for anyone before, at least not in the way I feel about you. I'm sorry that you're a Cobra and I'm a Viper but we're just going to have to make it work, because honestly, I don't want to go back to having a life without you in it."

She sniffles gently. "W-what are you saying Jex?"

"Bella I know that this isn't going to be easy, and to be honest I don't even know how we're going to it. But I want to make this work, I want you as my girlfriend again."

"B-but I'm a Cobra Jex," she shutters confused.

"And I'm a Viper, I know," I sigh softly. "But Bella, I love you and I can't just turn that off."

"I love you too," she leans in and presses a kiss to my lips. "And I don't want a life without you in it either. So we'll make it work. I don't know how, but we will."

"We've a lot of things to talk about. So much to discuss, a bit to work through. But what if we make a deal. Once we've spoken and everything is out there, you don't talk to me about the Cobras and their business and I won't talk about the Vipers. After our talk, you're not a Cobra and I'm not a Viper, I'm just Jex and you're just Bella."

"I'd like that, just Jex," she gives me a soft smile.

"Good, now will you please come and finish your breakfast, just Bella?"

"Fine, but only because it's a long walk home," she jokes, as we make our way back into the kitchen.

...

After breakfast I head back out to the garage and begin work on Bella's car once more, as she cleans up everything in the kitchen.

"Hey man," I hear Malcolm's voice from behind me.

"Mal, what are you doing here?" I say loudly, loudly enough that Bella will hear me and not come out.

"I called a few times, but you didn't answer. I came to see if you needed help with the car."

"No, all good man, I'm fine here," I say loudly once again.

"Dude why are you yelling?" He laughs. "Who's car is this anyway?"

"I'm yelling? Oh uh, I have water in my ear," I lie. "And it's a friend's car, you don't know him."

"Right," he nods, looking at me as if he knows I'm hiding something. "Well uh, I might head in and grab a drink, do you want me to get you one."

"No," I step in front of him. "No, I don't want a drink."

"Okay, well I do, so ...," he steps to the side of me and up the stairs. He opens the door and heads into the kitchen, I follow after him quickly.

We enter the kitchen and all the dishes have been done and put away. Bella is no where to be seen. I look around, but don't see her.

"Dude? Are you okay?" Mal questions.

"Uh yes, I'm fine," I nod.

"Man you've been so weird since you and Bella broke up," he laughs softly.

Finally I mange to get Mal out the door, after what feels like hours (but has only been twenty minutes). I head up the hallway and into my room, pushing the door open. It's here I find Bella snuggled up under my sheets, reading a book she must've had in her bag.

"I take it Mal's gone?" She closes her book and smiles up at me.

"He's gone," I nod. "It should only take me a few minutes and I'll have your car done. Then I'll shower and we should really have that talk?"

"Mmm that depends," she hums, as she sits up on her knees.

"On?" I raise a brow.

"Do I get to shower with you first?"

A smirk spreads across my lips instantly. "You don't even have to ask."