I Was You

Jade

Jade

"We're in." I say in my earpiece as I push my gun to Demetrius temple.

I force him to continue walking as we make our way inside his weapons room in his safe house.

"Okay get Demetrius to unlock the safe. Iris and I are about to get the girls." Scarlett says through the earpiece.

"Make sure you let me know if there's any trouble." I grumble annoyed at the fact that I know they won't.

They're just as prideful as I am.

"Sure." Iris says and our connection is silent.

I move my attention to a shaking Demetrius as he punches in the code to his safe vault. As soon as it opens I nudge him inside the vault with my gun.

As we walk in he flips on the lights and walks to a filing cabinet. I stand in the middle of the vault, my gun still aimed to the back of his head.

"Hurry up." I snap and he shuffles through the filing cabinet.

Before I can blink a gun goes off, yet my reflects kick in and I duck down. My eyes land on Demetrius with a gun.

He roughly grabs me by my hair and  causing me to drop my gun. He pulls my head back so I'm facing him, "You honestly think I would let some bitch boss  around? My men are slaughtering those two whores right now. Now be a good bitch and take the bullet." Demetrius says sinisterly and I smirk.

I got one monster I'm afraid of and it's not him.

Without a second spared I elbow him in his nuts. Grabbing his crotch in pain I take the opportunity to unload his gun. Taking his wrist I twist it until I hear a crack. Quickly pulling the clip out his gun, I let it fall it to the floor.

Demetrius grabs me by my neck and yank me up. I push all my weight back on him causing us to fall back on the filing cabinet. Demetrius immediately wraps his arm around my neck. I begin to scratch and struggle under his grasp.

"Jade they knew we were coming!" Iris shouts through the earpiece. I rip the earpiece out my ear as I hear the sound of bullet ricocheting.

Black dots begin to cloud my vision, my hands blindly begin to look for anything around me. Finding a pen I immediately start stabbing his arm as hard as I can, piercing holes in his skin.

Demetrius sets off cries of pain as his grasp loosen. Blood pours out of the several wound holes the pen created. I flip over and quickly find my gun.

Before Demetrius can react the sound of several gunshots go off, and every bullet my gun let out hit his body. I stand there and watch his dead body lay on the filing cabinet.

Sighing I shake my head, using all my strength I push his body off the cabinet. I immediately get to work scanning through the hundreds of files for anything on Romano.

In seconds the sound of explosions go off and the world begins to shake it seems. The vault lights le him to flash red and the sound of alarms go off at once. I immediately look for my earpiece, just to make sure the girls were fine.

There's a fifty percent chance that explosion was because of them.

Finding my earpiece I immediately put it on and turn it on, "What the fuck was that!?" I shout through the piece.

"Hundreds of pricks with guns plus two girls with guns equals girls set off bombs! Easy math shit! Now where the fuck are you!?" Scarlett shouts over the chaos.

"I'm grabbing some papers on Romano in the vault! Demetrius couldn't act right!" I shout back over the alarms and sirens.

"We got the girls and we're on our way to the entrance! Meet us there! The house is on fire!" Iris shouts before I hear another explosion.

Groaning I quickly scan through the mess of papers for anything Romano. Immediately finding a file labeled De'Santiago, I make my way out the vault. Dark grey smoke begin to crowd the hallways and it gets hottter by the second.

The fire must be growing.

Running as fast as I can out the tunnels, I make my way outside quickly. It doesn't take me long to get to the entrance. Looking back I see the mass destruction we caused; the house in absolute flames.

"Let's go Jade!" Scarlett demands and I jump into the van.

Scarlett pulls off quickly with Iris right behind her with no doubt a van full of scared girls. I don't have to look back to know our van was full of them too.

Scarlett peaks back and flashes them a sweet smile, "You guys don't have to be afraid. We're here to take you guys home." She says softly as she looks back at the rode.

I keep my eyes trained on the road. I can't look at them. It's too triggering. I know myself and it's only two ways I will react. Black out and go vigilant, or have a panic attack. I never talk to them or even look at them.

"How old are you?" Scarlett asks one of the girls.

"f-fourteen." A girl asks her voice scratchy and no doubt dry.

I know the feeling.

"Do you know how long you've been there?" Scarlett asks softly no doubt feeling what I'm feeling; dark nostalgia.

"I lost track... It feels like months since I seen the outside. They always kept a bag over our heads." She answers and Scarlett nods.

"Who are you guys?" A new voice asks and for some reason I find myself looking at her.

The girl had to be no younger then 15 or 16. Dark hair and bright green eyes. Tan skin with bruises covered all over her. More bruises then the other girls. She must've been there longer then the other ones. Or no doubt fought back.

I know the feeling...

Yet her eyes held fire, determination. But I can sense the distant vibe and the coldness alluring around her.

Don't react.

"I was you before. Me, her, and the girl
driving the other van was all you guys before." I answer her questions while facing the road again.

"How did you get out?" She asks, "Did someone save y'all?"

"Yeah; us."

AN: So I'm sorry about the late update! Writers block came around, then I been protesting for BLM in my city. ✊🏾✊🏽✊🏿

But I hope I still have active and loyal readers lol 😭 Thank you to anyone that's been riding with me❤️

Anyways what's your thoughts on Jade's POV?

Who POV you want to see next?

Would you want flashbacks?

Comment❤️

Vote❤️

Share❤️