Protect Her

Scarlett

48 hours earlier

48 hours earlier

"I honestly can't believe you got Matteo to say yes to your plan." Christian Vitali, Matteo Vitali's brother and right hand man.

I shrug before taking a sip of my green tea shot, "I have a way of words." I simply say as Christian smirks.

"You threaten to cut his dick off." He states with a knowingly tone.

"Pretty much." I reply before chuckling lightly with him.

My eyes scan over the night club Matteo and Nora Bioncocinni built to life. It's a burlesque lounge mixed with a night club vibe. The place is crowded with people from all walks of life.

There no doubt that business is booming. I guess it's a perk for having it on the strip of Las Vegas.

My eyes land on Zero flirting with a bottle service girl and I roll my eyes instantly. Every since we been here he has been acting weirdly off.

In the meeting with Matteo, he was
my paying attention to anything we had discussed. And he's been more of an ass than usual.

"What's up with you and Tattoos?" Christian asks referring to Zero, and I scoff immediately

"He's just a pain in the ass I have to deal with unfortunately." I answer downing the rest of my drink.

Christian makes sure my quick movements of throwing my drink back goes unnoticed. I shake my head a sign of showing him that I don't want to dwell any deeper.

"You would think since he's Donatello's first general to his men, he would take the mission here seriously." Christian says and I shrugs eyes landing on Zero once more.

"Maybe the life of Vegas got to him." I reply and Christian shakes his head.

"What?" I ask wanting to know what's working in his brain.

"Nothing, I'm just overthinking." Christian says and I look at him hesitantly before letting it go.

I just don't have the patience or energy, to pry whatever thoughts he has out of him.

"So you're into the dancer over there." I ask nodding my head to a petite, skinny, brown hair girl in the corner.

"You're reaching Scar. I'm suppose to watch over Matteo's and Nora's dancers."

"I know you Chris. If that was the case you would be told the red head over there to stop giving out lap dances." I smirk as I watch his eyes widen before jumping into action.

Chuckling to myself I decide to make my move to leave. As I head downstairs in the crowd, I nudge a few drunks out of my way. I finally find Zero making out with some blonde.

"Zero!" I exclaim causing them
to jump apart.

Zero glares at me clearly annoyed. I flash him a satisfied smile causing him to roll his eyes.