A Wolf In Sheep Clothing

Present Time

Present Time

Jade

"Where's Antonio?" Zero asks and my eyes bore into his.

"Where's Scarlett?" I ask disregarding his question.

"A maid escorted her to a room. Why are you in Antonio's office?" Zero asks his eyes noticing Antonio's shirt I was wearing.

Just as I was about to grab the gun hidden under Antonio's desk, he actually walks in.

"Jade? What's wrong?" Antonio asks as he walks up to me.

He notices the broken picture frame and glass beside my feet, and his brows furrow. My eyes darken by the second as I grip the gun in my hands. I never take my eyes off Zero, he was his spawn. His fucking child.

Zero plasters a confused and oblivious look on his face. I don't know if he's actually confused or acting. All I know is that I wanted to yank this gun from under the desk, and empty the clip in his head.

"Jade." Antonio states and my eyes snap to his concerned file brown orbs.

I wanted to tell him everything, but I didn't want Zero to know that I know. I know exactly who Zero is.

So against my dark thoughts judgement I take my hand off the gun. I plaster a fake sorrow expression on my face.

"I-I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened. I was waiting for you... My mind wandered and I didn't notice it had fallen." I ramble on and Antonio grabs my hand and helps me over the pile of glass.

"It's fine, it's just a picture. I was just looking for you to tell you Scarlett is down the hall from us." Antonio informs and I nod slowly.

"I really am sorry." I say softly looking into his eyes.

"I said it was fine mi amore," Antonio smiles softly before kissing my forehead.

"I'll see you at dinner. I have to discuss the Giuseppe mission with Zero." He explains and I try my best to stay calm and keep my composure.

"Zero," I nod at him before walking out the room.

In reality I wanted to choke his life out with my bare hands, but I decided to close the office door and sprint to Scarlett's room.

After figuring out which room was here's I let myself in. There wasn't anytime for knocking in this matter.

"Scar?" I call out as I step inside the empty room.

"Bathroom! Help me with this bandage." Scarlett says and I walk inside the bathroom.

Scarlett closes the door before locking it. My eyes look over her, blood ran from her right eyebrow down to her chin.

"It's deep, I know. This is one of those forever scars." Scarlett whispers.

"Who the fuck did this!?" I scream ready to barge out the room.