MidoTaka Christmas

"Hey Takao," a voice greeted on the other side of the line.

"What's up Kuroko-kun!" Takao greets back.

"I am holding a Christmas party at my apartment tomorrow. Would you like to come? Kagami-kun, Kise-kun, Aomine-kun are all coming. So are other members on our team."

Takao thinks for a moment and continues, "Sure! I'll call Shin-chan if he wants to go tomorrow!"

"Hai. Goodnight, Takao-kun." On the other line, Kuroko hangs up.

With those words, Takao searches frantically for Midorima's contact on his phone, but as he searches he receives a call from Shin-chan himself. "Shiiiin-chaaaan!~" Takao says excitedly through the phone.

"Takao. I can't make it to Japan for Christmas. Sorry." Midorima says solemnly.

Takao's smile drops. His heart clenches at Midorima's words, but he manages to fake a smile. "Haha! It's okay, Shin-chan," he lies, "See you next year, then." Takao presses the end button heartbroken.

It's been four years since Midorima moved to America to further his studies. Every year Midorima would say he'd come home, but there would always be something coming up, like a sudden storm or a test. Takao sat on his bed with his face in his hands. 'You promised this time Shin-chan. You promised. I miss you so much.' He picks up a small globe figurine Midorima gave him. 'Still 13 centimeters away,' he smiles sadly.

X-X-X

~Next Night~

Takao stood in front of the apartment door of Kuroko's place waiting for someone to open the door. Suddenly, it swings open revealing a pink haired girl. "Ah! You must be Takao-kun!"

"And you must be Momoi-san," Takao kindly smiles. He's let inside and he immediately feels an unbearing amount of pressure on him as he realizes he's the only one from Shutoku.

Takao looks around the room. He sees all of Midorima's Teiko teammates, the Seirin members, some of the Uncrowned Kings, and a few of Kuroko's friends. He see's the Christmas tree and some presents catch his eye. There was a particularly large one in the corner which peaked his interest.

He's snapped out of his thoughts when he's tapped on the shoulder by Izuki. "Hello, my fellow bird eye," he greets strangely.

Takao raises an eyebrow, but understands what the point guard means, "Hello, Eagle eye." They shake hands and Izuki brings him to the table where all the food is presented.

There is A LOT of food on the table. And about 56% was for Kagami alone. Takao actually felt in place with these guys. All of them love basketball as much as he does, and now he is a part of them.

"Okay," Riko raises her voice, "Should we eat first or open presents?"

Everybody looked around at each other not knowing which to do first. "Why don't we open presents first?" Takao speaks up. Everybody agrees and they head over to the tree.

Sound of paper ripping filled the room in no time. Everyone is eager to get their presents. Kuroko gave everyone new hats and mittens, Aomine received new shoes from Momoi, Kiyoshi gave Hyuuga new warlord figures, and even Takao got some stuff. He felt very content at the moment, but his Shin-chan was still the missing piece to his heart.

"Hey Kuroko!" Izuki shouts, "Who's this present for?"

Riko stands up and makes her way to the large present beside the tree and Izuki. She reads the greeting out loud, "To Takao-kun. From question mark." She raises her eyebrow at the last statement.

Takao stands up from his seat and approaches the present. To him, it looked too heavy to lift so he just left it there. He kneels down so he's at level with the large gift. Takao slowly rips off the green rapping paper and places it on the ground. The box wasn't taped together so he just pulled off the top. He looks inside and suddenly stands up.

Takao catches his balance, but he felt like his legs are going to go on him. He has his hand on top of his mouth. He slowly walks up to him. Takao's heart is beating so fast.

30 centimeters

20 centimeters

15 centimeters

13 centimeters

7 centimeters

5 centimeters

1 centimeter.

Takao crashes his lips onto the green haired man's. He wraps his arms around his neck with the kiss filled with fiery passion. Takao pulls away and starts crying. "Sh-Shin-chan," he embraces Midorima and starts crying on his chest. Midorima is trying not to cry, but also hugs back Takao.

Midorima pulls Takao away from him. He leans down until their foreheads are touching and a small, rare smile shows from Midorima's mouth. "Merry Christmas, Kazunari." Midorima takes Takao's lips into his. They don't care everybody is watching. All that mattered was that they are back into each others arms.