21

Chapter 21

"Happy 24th Birthday, Bitch!"

I rolled my eyes while smiling. I can hear how wasted she is through the phone.

"Fav, calm your ass." I heard her laugh, "Is there a celebration? Why are you in a club?"

I can hear the noise and the loud music on her line. She talked to someone before she called me again, "Wait, Lana! I'll call you later, okay?"

I was about to speak but she already dropped the call. I was left staring at my phone before I decided to head back inside. I am also at a club, I just went outside to take her call since the music was loud.

"You're here!"

I was all smiles when I went to Josh. He opened his arms to let me hug him, "I thought you're not coming."

"I cancelled meetings for you." He held my chin and gave me a kiss on the lips.

"Boo! Guys, get a room!" I laughed when our friend Kiko throwed a crumpled tissue at us.

Josh catched it and throwed it back to him. Kiko is my friend, he's also Filipino so we get along pretty well. He's one of the many friends I made here in New Zealand.

"Have you packed already?" Josh asked while pouring alcohol into a shot glass.

"Yeah, already did." I started pouring alcohol in mine too.

"You shouldn't drink, babe. You still have work." He grabbed my glass so I frowned at him but he just laughed at me.

Josh and I are together for a year now. We met when he bought my painting at my first exhibit. We were friends for a while before we started going out. He's also Filipino but he grew up here in New Zealand. He's always like this, taking care of me. Sometimes too much. But I know that he does this because he loves me. He made it easier for me when I was still building my own career, he was a big, big help. Nandiyan siya sa tuwing pakiramdam ko ay mababaliw na ako sa hirap at lungkot. Siya ang nandiyan sa tuwing naho-homesick ako. He knew how to make me feel better since he knows about home. He reminded me of home. The place. Not the person.

Next week is my flight back to the Philippines so this is my last week in New Zealand. I still have work but I already asked for permisson to resign, I just have to finish my remaining papers. I already have my own art gallery and office in the Philippines so I don't need to work here anymore.

"Are you sure you're fine alone?" he asked, concerned.

"I'm sure, babe," I kissed him on the cheek, "Basta susunod ka, ah!"

"Yes, of course." He smiled before pulling me into a hug.

We celebrated that night of my birthday but I wasn't drunk like my friends because of Josh. I became busy with the remaining papers for the rest of the week. Josh became busy too since he has a company to run. I immediately passed the papers when I finished it and waited till the day of my flight.

"Call me, okay? Be safe." He planted a kiss on my lips before he pulled me into a hug.

I waved him goodbye as I walked towards the airport. He was frowning while waving his hand. I'm going to miss him.

It's going to be a long flight so I slept and watched movies to pass the time. I don't know if I'm excited or scared to go back, maybe both. I cannot wait to see my friends.

On my second year in New Zealand, Favy and Inna visited me. They were mad at me at first but when I showed them around the city, they wanted to stay. Unfortunately, they both have work so they can't.