22

Chapter 22

We were looking into each other eyes while he was still holding his phone. Sa saglit naming nagtitigan ay napansin ko ang pagbabago sa kaniya. Mas tumangkad siya ngayon, kung itatapat ako sa kaniya ay panigurado hanggang baba niya lang ang abot ko. His features looked a lot defined, making him appear more serious and for some reason, dangerous. The way he carries himself screams dominance. His hair was a bit messy but it suited him perfectly. Damn, I did not expect he'll age this fine.

I snapped back when he shot a brow at me to question. Oh hell, was I staring too long?

"Baby Ylana!"

I broke our stare when I heard Tita Lani. I turned to her and she immediately went to me for a hug.

"Wow! Look at you!" She pulled away to eye me from head to toe, "My gosh, you're a woman! You're not a baby anymore!" She gestured a hand in front of me, trying to convince Tito Dylon behind her.

"Nice to see you again, Tita." I kissed her on the cheek before I went and hugged Tito Dylon.

"I told you you'll be fine woman." I laughed at bit when he winked at me.

It's been 8 years but Tita still look the same. Parang hindi siya tumatanda. Her features are on point, like Latch. Tito Dylon look the same, too, except now I can see his white hairs. He still look good, though. He's still fit. I missed them both, especially when I was still in New Zealand; they are like my second parents.

"Latch, anak, come here!"

My insides started to panic for no reason when he started walking towards us. I pretended to be unbothered, though. Seeing him again brings nothing but disturbing memories of the past. Kaya bakit ako papaapekto sa kaniya? I left him years ago so I'm sure he hates me. We are friendship over but not our parents. That is probably the only reason why he's here: because of our parents and not because of me.

"Have you greeted each other already?" asked Tita.

When I turned to look at Latch, his cold eyes were already on me. Inalis ko kaagad ang tingin sa kaniya para ibalik iyon kay Tita.

Gusto ko sanang tumanggi but that would be rude. And besides, they don't know what happened between us then. I think. Kung alam naman siguro nila ang dahilan kung bakit ako umalis ay hindi naman nila siguro ito gagawin ngayon, hindi ba?

"I already did." My eyes went back to him. Liar.

I can't help but roll my eyes. Good thing no one saw. When Tita looked at me, I immediately put on a smile.

Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ako o maiinis sa kaniya. He feels like a completely different person. Like I didn't spent most of my life with him. Ngayon ay mas lalo kong napansin ang pagbabago sa kaniya. His aura screams... asshole. Everything about him feels arrogant.

"You guys catch up, okay? I'll just be at the living room with Alana." Tita Lani smiled before she left us.

When I turned to Latch, I saw him eyeing me from head to toe while swirling his tongue on the insides of his cheek. Why the fuck is he staring?!

He shot a brow at me when he caught my eye. I thought he was about to speak but I was left alone when he turned his back against me to walk away. I scoffed in disbelief.