Alaric/Kainda/Ozias POV

ALARIC POV

Bliss. This is what bliss is. Pure happiness. Pure joy. Pure positivity. I woke up with the most beautiful girl in the world in my arms.

After she sent me out of her room I decided that I had to convince everyone that I was right for her. That I was worthy, even if I wasn't.

I needed that girl by my side. I needed my mate. But I didn't want them to like me for my title. That's considered a bonus to the package. One of the many bonuses.

I smiled at the thought of Elentiya's family liking me for me.

But today I teach her how to play the violin. I went to the music room after a breakfast of Darrow staring at me, longing for me to be a lord once more. Anthony has lost 50 from the bet. That's when Elentiya cane down practically skipping with joy.

"We should have a ball! We came invite the high lords and ladies of Pyrthian to show we aren't evil-"

"After the administration of punishment to that Spring guy."

"Yes dad. And it would be so much fun! It would show I'm not evil too!" She looked at me in hopes of support.

"I think it's a great idea."

Darrow cleared his throat, "will any eligible candidates for marriage be attending?"

"If they agree then yes! I just think it would be really fun to have a ball. Alaric would you be able to administrate invitations?"

"Of course princess." To Tamlin? I wanted to vomit at the thought of that. I could find a way to pass them out for her though.

"It could be in 3 months, please Mom? Dad?"

Her dad sighed and looked like he was ready to kill something, but said, "if you really want to."

"It'll be so much fun honey." Queen Aelin added to Rowan's reluctancy.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I couldn't believe this. Had I just agreed to administer invitations? How was I supposed to convince my parents, let alone the other high lords abs ladies of Pyrthian to come?

KAINDA POV

I think Alaric shit his pants. Like if he did... I wouldn't be surprised.

He was focusing on proving to everyone that he was perfect for Elentiya and not that dumb Antho, Antie, Anton, whatever his name is, Im close enough, but the dumb person. I wanted him to find happieness of course, but then again I didn't really care how he got there. I pjust needed to be stronger. Stronger than those men that tried to... I started breathing heavier.

Your being stupid. Just calm down.

I left the bathroom an hour later. I looked at the people that were training. Their workouts were much harder than most. I suppose that was good for me to train with them. I could go if Alaric was going to go. When I saw he put there I felt instantly relieved.

I had to protect him. But could I? Of course you can. Just breathe. They are the family of Elentiya, who is the nicest person so know outside my family.

I joined in their workout. I could keep up. That dumbass Ozias kept trying to outdo me in every single thing. A little faster, so I went faster too.

Everyone caught in after a while. "Finally a cool down lap. To that tree and back." Ozias and I both broke out into a sprint. We touched the tree at the same time but I fell behind on the way back. When I finally got back he stared me in the eye and said,

"I win. So you owe me something."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. You owe me... a dance at Elentiya's ball." Was he ... flirting with me?!

"Fine." Dammit. I just agreed to that.

He nodded and then walked away. "What was that?" I mumbled under my breath. My wings were a little more rigid than normal. Did I really agree to dance with him, at a ball I probably won't be able to go to? What am I even worrying about? There's no way the High Lords and Ladies will even agree to coming here.

Technically we came here illegally.

OZIAS POV

Gods above! I did it. And she agreed! Sure it was only a dance at a ball, but still. My mate had agreed for a dance.

I came inside and Elentiya started laughing.

"What?"

"What's got you all smiley?"

Was I smiling? "I'm not smiling."

"Yes you are! Did you beat someone in a fight? Or is it something else to do with a certain girl with wings you've been subtlety glancing at during dinner?" Was being observant in the Aelin Galathynius bloodline?

Her mother was able to tell that I had dislocated my shoulder from the way I was walking after training. It was a month ago. She was able to tell so easy.

"How could you tell?"

"She came in and started telling me how stupid you were ... and about what dress she should wear to the ball."

"So what if it is?"

"Nothing. I'm not saying a damn word you know. But then again... I should probably warn you about her father. He can definitely bear your ass if you aren't careful."

"Thanks for the tip. But I can deal with angry dads."

"MmmHmmm."

"Doubter. By the way, regarding dances. Are you just going to dance with the 'uninvited peasant child' as Darrow says?"

"Are you going to dance with Kainda only?

I didn't say a word.

My mate was going to be dancing with me at the ball. I couldn't wait. I wanted to be the reason that she smiles that night.