Elentiya POV

The royal tutors almost started crying when Rowan and Aelin told them I didn't know how things worked in this kingdom. When I mean crying, I mean sobbing.

But in a day, I was farther ahead in learning than Sam, who had done this his entire life. I always had a passion for kingdoms and their laws. I did the rest of the kingdoms throughout the week.

Then I learned the history of our world the next week. The third week I learned all about the geography, animals, and social networks of the kingdoms. By the end of it all my brain hurt and I would forget most of it tomorrow.

Then I wanted to visit Alaric. I was running ragged and needed a well deserved break. I just didn't realize how much I missed him. He was so perfect. He hugged me tight as I told him about Terresan, cried about how they all hated me, and took time to reflect on what awful thing I had done. Did he hate me? Was he just being polite?

"I don't hate you." He looked at me so honestly.

"Thank Alaric."

"No thank you." I looked at him curiously.

"Why? For what?"

"For being there for me." Then he pressed his lips to mine. It was so soft and gentle. But we stayed like that, as if I had all the time in the world to kiss him and feel safe in his arms. It might've been second, minutes, I'm not sure. But I didn't want to pull away.

"You have no idea how long I have been waiting to do that. To kiss your lips. To hold you close."

"I like this a lot. The lords and ladies of Tereesan are making me meet all the eligible people I can marry, all possible suitors."

"My poor Elentiya, her sorrow fills me with woe." I giggled as he overdramatized it.

"Yeah, my lucky Alaric, his glee fills me with a desire to snuggle." He laughed, and the sound filled me up inside. He pulled me closer and we stayed like that all night long.

In the morning, Alaric woke me up and warned me his parents would come soon. So I ran after hugging him goodbye. Then I went back to Terresan. I had gotten a lot closer to my real parents. They were great. They were really fit though. Like super fit.

When I mean fit I mean they are like crazy fit. UNDERSTAND THIS. Cause I was sore from their workouts. I got closer to all my new family too. Like Fenrys, Aedion, Lysandra, Evangeline, Manon, Dorian, Yrene, Chaol and Lady Evangeline's husband, Lord Ixador.

All their stories were insane. I loved them all.

And I had been visiting Alaric more and more. We hadn't kissed since that night though. I just liked how safe I felt with him. He always seemed so happy to see me. I was really happy to see him too. I would always snuggle into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

I wanted him to see Terresan though. "Hey Alaric?"

"Yeah?" He mumbled sleepily.

"Would you want to come to Terresan tomorrow? Just for a day."

"I would. I want to meet everyone and spend the entire day with you."

"Promise to one day."

"I give my Princess my solemn oath." I giggled. I had a suitor dinner where they stayed in the palace for 3 days straight. I was going to die. "I will come as soon as possible. Promise."

I smiled.

ALARIC POV

GOD I LOVED HER!

Her smile, her laugh, her personality, how she was fucking great at snuggling. I mean how is someone this perfect. I would fight anyone that ever told me that she couldn't be mine. When morning came, she had to leave. The entirety of the 7 courts were searching for her.