Elentiya POV

I couldn't breathe when I got home. All I wanted to do was hold Alaric tight and say, "I love you." Instead I was back to a place that would never feel like home. At least not to me.

So I kept busy. I searched high and low till I found them. Two pairs of Illyrian wings, dusty, forgotten, at the bottom of a large bin taller than my head that was for burning. He said he had burned them years ago. Liar. He had simply thrown them in not realizing that they would eventually just be avoided and left to have other things dumped upon the burden of murder that came along with their wings.  They did not belong to my father. So I had Jasmine and Selma take it back to the Night court my next free spot in eight weeks.

Tamlin had smelled something off when he came back from his trip. Simply told the rest of my family I probably just fucked someone. He was a bastard. I wanted to beat him for those Illyrian wings that I had found. But I would not. He was my dad. And I was supposed to love him.

But I hated him. Which is why I had to leave. Which is why I would go to Terresan. I had to just go along with my plan. It would hurt them. I knew that. I just had to make it out to a loving family, a better life-no- a better world.

Although I had made some new friends. I was not allowed to leave the house or garden anymore. Luckily on the edge of the garden I met a black, spiked, large toothed, worm. She was very sweet after I gave her some berries. Licked me. I soon learned how to communicate with her. All I had to do was communicate with touch, hand movements on her skin.

I taught her commends and trained her into understanding everything I told her. I fed her and took care of her. My official first friend in the Spring Court.

Her name was Kore. More was a bit big. And by big I mean like 1 f00t  diameter and was 10 feet long. Still a giant baby worm.

I signed onto her skin, how are you?

With her tail, Kore wrote into the dirt "good."

I hugged her tight as she vanished back into her hole she created. I smiled brightly yet fairly asI lifted my chin and walked back to my home. The people of the Spring Court felt bad for me about my father and Eris. I couldn't blame them. They just had to survive Tamlin.

I had to survive this world. I felt guilty about abandoning them for my own happieness. But I deserved to be happy as well. I had to put myself first this one time.

Tamlin stormed into the library yelling about wedding preparations. I had to pick out all these things like napkins, flower arrangements, dresses, and invitations which was just extended to the entirety of Pyrthian as a joining of the Autumn and Spring Court. I step in the right direction for the spring court.

But of course I wouldn't be allowed to pick my husband for this wedding. That's obviously the one thing I can't pick.

The morning before my wedding I was getting ready to go for a jog. Instead I had to meet with Eris. We were to finish wedding preparations then at the end of the day he would bring me to the autumn court.

I finally fixed all the wedding dilemmas. Thank gods above for that. Then it wastime for the awkward carriage ride back to his home in the autumn court.

He tried to make conversation and I wasn't rude. Just a bit less talkative. Which was to be expected.

I awoke the next morning. The day of my wedding. A grin appeared in my face. Time to burn this place down. Burn it all down.

I was put in my white wedding dress. It faded to an orange tint at the bottom. I also had a black crop top shirt so it wouldn't show and black pants on underneath. And I wore shoes for running away.

My white dress on top was puffy, delicate, lacy, everything I didn't want Eris to think of me as.

Blek! I would never wear this for anyone

Blek! I would never wear this for anyone. Then a little voice in the back of head whispered, maybe Alaric though... ugh ugh ugh. I need to get this out of my head.

Then they did my hair.

Again. A little too "IM DELICATE" for my taste. Though it wouldn't last long.

I grinned And spun around. Admiring my own plan. By the end of it everything would be perfectly in place. I just had to wait two more hours.