Chapter 23

-a few days later-
Maya still hasn't woken up from her coma, or open her eyes at least.

Lucas heard maya speak on her birthday so he has been waiting anxiously for her to wake up.

Maya has slight memory loss.

Maya's POV:
I slowly opened my eyes, revealing myself to pale walls.

I looked at my surroundings to see a lady on a computer.

She looked at me and smiled, "your awake!!"

"Who are you?" I asked startled.

She walked towards me not answering. "I'm a nurse, Maya."

I stared at her blankly when she unconnected some chords from a machine.

"What's the last thing you remember?" She asked me.

"Ummm.." Honestly, I had no memory whatsoever. "Well I know my name is Maya."

She laughed a little. "Well it's a start. We will have to do some tests on you later."

She then left the room and I just sat there, not knowing what else to do.

Suddenly, the door opened and a guy came inside.

"Maya your awake!" He exclaimed.

"Who are you?"

His expression changed from excited to depressed. "You dont remember me??"

I shook my head. "No sorry."

I tried all i could in my head to remember this guy. I feel like i know him... from somewhere.

"Maybe you can help me remember you?" I said helpfully.

The guy was hestiant, but he then took a chair and sat it next to the bed.

"Okay.. well my name is Lucas Friar." He started.

Lucas Friar.... why is that name so familiar!!

"We are boyfriend and girlfriend.."

"We are?"

He nodded. "We started dating about two months ago."

I sat back in the bed and thought. "Maybe you can tell me about our first date."

He smiled and shook his head. "How about i tell you how we first met?"

"Okay..."

"Well it all started in 3rd grade...."

Flashback:
"Okay it's recess time!" Ms Melon told her 3rd grade class, as they all eagerly waited for recess.

"Yay!!" All the students exclaimed, grabbing their jackets and running out the door.

Maya Hart and her best friend Riley headed towards the swings and started swinging on them.

"I got a boyfriend." Riley said, swinging her legs back and fourth.

"What?" Maya said, making a face. "Boys are disgusting!!"

Riley ignored her and ran off to her "boyfriend", leaving Maya alone on the swings.

A little while later, Maya found Riley and her boyfriend in the sandbox.

"Hey Maya!" Riley said, waving at her.

Maya went over to the sandbox and pointed at the boy. "Who are you?"

"Im Lucas." The boy said, smirking.

"He's my boyfriend!!" Riley exclaimed happily.

Maya rolled her eyes and turned towards Lucas. "Who are you turning to steal my best friend, Lucas?"

Lucas then stood up getting to Maya's height. "You are very pretty."

Maya lost her temper and started throwing sand at Lucas. "You are gross!!"

"Hey!! That wasn't nice!" Lucas said, angry now.

Maya stopped throwing sand and crossed her arms. "When i get older, i'm never going to date you."

-present day-

"So that little fued kinda lasted into high school." Lucas said, chuckling a little bit.

"So... we hated each other?" I said, confused.

Lucas nodded. "We in fact hated each other a few months ago."

"What changed?" I asked curiously.

"Well, one day in school i got the idea that we should do a challenge..." Lucas said.

-a few months ago-

Maya grumbled a few things as she walked towards her locker with Lucas trialing behind her.

Her and Lucas just had a visit to the principals office... again.

She opened her locker and put her stuff in. She then turned towards Lucas.

"It looks like we have to try to be friends Friar." She said.

Lucas smirked that annoying smirk that annoyed the hell out of Maya. "I have a challenge. Are you up for it??"

"Depends what it is." Maya said.

-present day-

"Little did we know that challenge changed everything." Lucas said, finishing his second story.

"Does any of this ring a bell to you?" Lucas asked me.

It all did sound familiar, although i couldnt fully remember any of it actually happening. "Nope."

Lucas sat up in his chair. "Maybe i can fast forward to our first date when we officially became a couple... without the challenge."

A/N

This flashback of their date you will read in the next chapter you will not have read before.

One more chapter of flashbacks, and then we will switch back to present day fully. :)

Vote and Comment!! ily.

-Liz