"Oh my goodness, Scott! That was his Babe Ruth signed ball!"

"Babe Ruth?!"

They all ran to the fence and looked for the ball. I looked at Scott and he avoided my glare.

"Do you know how stupid that was?! I better not get blamed for this or it's on you!"

"I know, I know. I'm sorr-"

The guys cut Scott off with screams and they came running back towards us

"The beast got it!"

"Your dead as door nails smalls!"

"Smalls you mean to tell you went home and swiped that was signed by Babe. Ruth. And you bought it down here and actually play with it?"

"And actually play with it?"

I crossed my arms and gave him a knowing look

"Yeah! But I was going to bring it back!"

"But it was signed by Babe Ruth!"

"Y-yeah yeah you keep telling me that! Who is she!"

It got quiet and I heard someone facepalm.

"What?!"

"The Sultan of Swat!"

"The King of Crash!"

"The Colossus of Clout!"

"Babe Ruth!"

"The Great Bambino!"

I shook my head as everything came crashing down on Scott. He looked dumbfounded and then he reacted.

"Oh my god! You mean that's the same guy?!"

"Yes!"

"Yes!"

Benny looked up at Scott

"Smalls. Babe Ruth is the greatest baseball player that ever lived! I mean people say that he's less than a god but more than a man, like hercules or somethin'. That ball you just aced to the beast is worth, well more than your whole life, man"

He looked faint and then he fell to his knees

"I don't feel so good"

The guys took off their hats and gloves and fanned him. I better not get in trouble for this. I mean that was a Babe Ruth signed ball. Not to mention it belongs to Bill. So if he comes back and it's gone we're both dead.

"We have to get that ball back"

Benny looked around, in thought and then he sighed

"Alright, when does your old man get home from work?"

Scott got up, breathing somewhat heavily

"He's gon' on business. Out of town. But he can be back anytime"

"And we need to hurry before he gets back. Plan anyone?"

"Alright, find out when he gets back. Guys spread out and find bottles and cash them in. We need 98 cents. We need to buy us a ball. Y/n you coming with me?"

I smiled and walked towards him

"Of course"

"Then let's go"

The guys spread out, leaving the sandlot and I left with Benny to find some bottle caps.

-

Eventually we found enough caps to cash in and buy a ball we ran out of the store and Benny took it out of its box