*Bonus Chapter*

So this chapter is basically another version of when Phillips and his little group of friends loses to the sandlot guys but things get a little more heated between Benny and Phillips. The original chapter will of course stay the same because it goes according to the movie and I love accuracy sooo. Plus I feel like a protective-er ? Benny would be sooooo hot. Okay you can read it now but keep in mind this is not cannon to the actual book and is JUST a little side chapter for fun-zies. Okay I'll let you read it now.

I cheered loudly with the other guys rubbing the win in the other teams face. Benny grinned at me and I returned the smile.

I saw someone approaching from the corner of my eye making me turn towards them. Phillips stood in front of me awkwardly with his hands in his pocket.

"So… I see that you can play…"

Benny walked over to us with his eyes set on Phillips. I could see his jaw clenched when he came to a stop. His hand made his way to my hip, feeling a lot more gentle than the tension he was putting out towards Phillips.

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go out again. Then we'll let you play with us all the time. Things can go back to the way they were. Just you and me"

He asked me out for at least the fourth time in a while. He was asking like Benny wasn't even here!

"No, I'm fine, Phillips"

"What do you mean no?"

His face contorted into an annoyed look

"I mean no. You've been missed your chance a long time ago"

He stared at me and scoffed

"You were a fucking hoe anyway"

I felt a pang in my chest at the comment. My eyebrows furrowed as my anger grew.

But what I didn't notice was that Benny's arm left from my hip and flew towards Phillips face. The next thing I saw was an angry Benny on top of Phillips, throwing punches left and right at his face. The boys that were with Phillips had run out of the field with their bikes. I had run over to Benny and tried to pull him off of Phillips. I pulled on his shoulders but he wouldn't budge.

The guys came over and started yelling. There was some much going on that I couldn't hear one thing they were saying.

"Benny, stop!"

Phillips struggled underneath Benny. His arms were flinging around aimlessly probably hoping he would hit him back as Benny kept attacking him. Phillips had actually managed to get Benny right in his eye. This only made Benny hit him harder which me and the guys were trying desperately to prevent.

“Benny, I'm fine! Stop!”

With the help of the guys we pulled him off of Phillips who was backing away from Benny. He stood up quickly and tried to run away but he fell back to the ground. He turned and looked at all of us while getting up again. I saw the already forming bruises on his face as well as his extremely bloody nose.

“Fuck you, Rodriguez! Fuck all of you!”

He turned back to the exit and ran out of the field. I held a heavily breathing Benny in my arms. His hair hung low on his forehead and he looked off towards the exit of the field. The guys were also panting as they looked at Benny in surprise. I think they were all smart enough to not say anything to him though.

So I did.

I bent my head to his ear so only he could hear me

“Benny… come to the benches so I can take care of your eye”

He stood still but eventually stood up right and I released my grip on him. Instead I grabbed his hand and led him to the benches.

The guys stood around awkwardly while I took Benny to get cleaned up. We sat down and I pulled out a surprisingly cold water bottle out of my bag. I held it up to his eye and he held my opposite hand.

“Why did you just do that, Benny?”

He looked away from me but looked to stared me in my eyes

“He called you a hoe. I just wanted to see if his hands moved as fast as his mouth”

I smirked at the funny remark and took the water bottle off his eye

“Thank you”

I gave him a long kiss and he had no hesitation with kissing me back. When we separated I put the bottle back on his eye but I told him to hold it. We stood up and he grabbed my hand.

“Why don't you say we celebrate for our wins”

“Sure”

We walked to the exit and it took awhile for the guys to see we had left but they eventually caught up to us. They had asked us where we were going and I told them we were going to celebrate. They cheered and I felt a squeeze on my hand making me look at a smiling Benny. I smiled back as I listened to the constant back and forth between the guys.