New Year's Kiss

"Outta the bathroom Smalls! I gotta pee!"

Squints beat on the bathroom door intensely, trying to get into it. Scott's been in the bathroom ever since Ham and Bertram made him take a shot of vodka. Needless to say the display was hilarious. Yeah-yeah was desperately trying to be a good DJ but ended up playing mediocre songs instead.
Ham hogged the pretzels as soon as he made it to the party and yelled at anyone who tried to take one.

If you didn't guess, Benny and I decided to throw a party for new years. Of course we invited all of the boys and it quickly took a turn as soon as most of us were here.

"I can't feel my legs! Y/n help me!"

The bathroom door swung open to reveal a red faced, sweaty Scott, crawling on his stomach. Bertram was the first to laugh followed by everyone else, excluding Benny and me.

I sighed and walked over turning him on his back. How can one get so fucked up over one shot? Squints stormed into the bathroom and slammed the door. After a few seconds of just music and a very dragged out swear word I quickly picked up Scott and laid him on our couch. He groaned and just laid there.

"Just give me some!"

"No! Get your own pretzels!"

Timmy and Ham were starting to argue over the pretzels and now Squints was out of the bathroom looking quite relieved.

I looked over at Benny seeing how he was doing. He was just casually leaning against a counter with a drink in his hand. Once he caught my eyes he smiled and walked over.

"Enjoying the party?"

"I think I am. Waiting for midnight is a lot though."

He laughed lightly and set his drink down

"Won't be much longer till 12"

He looked over at the live clock that was displayed on our TV. About a minute left.

Just as he was about to say something, Yeah-yeah interrupted him with his microphone for karaoke which he brought himself.

"Guys! The count is close!"

Benny smirked and brought me closer. I smiled at the gesture and put my arms around his neck. We softly swayed, just staring into each other's eyes.

"Thought of your revolution yet?"

I shook my head at his question

"Oh come on, that's the main part of new years ya gotta have something."

I thought about for a little bit and then it came to me

"I want to be able to grow and change so that we can stay together."

He smiled kissed my nose making me giggle

"What's yours? You have one right?"

"Yeah. I want to get better at baseball."

"Of course you'd say that."

We both laughed.

I looked back at the clock seeing we had 15 seconds left until new year.

"So. I've always wanted a new year's kiss."

Benny turned my head slowly. My heart skipped a beat and then rapidly started to increase in rate. Even after several years it still does that.

"We always kiss though..."

"Not on New Years."

He lifted my head up towards his lips and they hovered mine.

He smirked and got slightly closer. Everything surrounding us disappeared. It was just me and him.

"5."

Thud

"4."

Thud

"3."

"2.."

My eyes closed and a grin appeared on my lips.

"1."

Okay so yeah I did a cliffhanger on purpose and it's here to stay lol🤪