Chapter 12

I sighed and sat down on one of the benches that the field had. I took out a water bottle from my bag and began to take little sips at a time.

Benny scooted closer to me, making the bench creak slightly. My eyes shifted towards him when I put the cool water down. He smirked and grabbed the bottle from my hands. A smile came to my face as I went to grab it back but he started to drink from the bottle. Playfully, I squeezed the bottom of the bottle making it spray on his face getting the green and white shirt he had on wet.

He quickly pulled it away from his mouth and took a deep breath. I laughed at him while he used his shirt to wipe his wet face. My laugh got cut short from a glimpse at his stomach causing me to choke. He dropped the bottom of his shirt and smiled at me knowing why I stopped laughing.

He took the bottle off the bench where he sat it and splashed the remaining amount of water on me. I gasped at the change in temperature and wiped my face with my hand. He laughed at me this time and I sighed, knowing I deserved it.

"Hey Y/n-... Why are you guys soaked in water?"

"Um no reason?"

"... Anyway, we're about to start again so let's go"

He ran back onto the field getting back to his position. I sighed and stood but felt a hand grab mine.

"Hey, what's got you so nervous?"

"I haven't played bat position in a while"

"Oh, well batting is easy, just focus on the ball and swing"

I nodded and he gave me a smile, running back to his position as well.

I walked back onto the field picking the bat up. I let out a heavy breath and gripped the bat. The pitcher threw it and I swung, making the ball fly. I smiled ecstatically and sprinted around the diamond. Eventually everybody on a base had reached home and we had won!

I cheered loudly with the other guys rubbing the win in the other teams face. Benny grinned at me and I returned the smile.

I saw someone approaching from the corner of my eye making me turn towards them. Phillips stood in front of me awkwardly with his hands in his pocket.

"So... I see that you can play..."

Benny walked over to us with his eyes set on Phillips. I could see his jaw clenched when he came to a stop. His hand made his way to my hip, feeling a lot more gentle than the tension he was putting out towards Phillips.

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go out again. Then we'll let you play with us all the time"

He asked me out for at least the fourth time in a while. He was asking like Benny wasn't even here!

"No, I'm good"

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean no. You've been missed your chance a long time ago"

He stared at me and then nodded, leaving with the rest of his group.

"I told you we would win Y/n!"

I rolled my eyes at him but kept the smile on my face

"Yeah, you did"

"Doesn't that deserve a kiss or something?"

He smirked and my smile dropped. Benny tensed up and I sighed.

"No"

"It can earn you a bloody nose and a black eye instead"

His response surprised me but in a way... I sort of saw it coming.

"Yeah I think I'm ok with no rewards"

I tried to walk away but Benny grabbed my waist with both of his hands and pulled me towards him. Then he whispered in my ear making my shiver slightly.

"Let's go to the fair. To celebrate"

"Mmm yeah, sure why not"

Benny lifted his head and asked the others resulting with very loud 'yeahs!'.

"Alright then, let's go"