Chapter 8

The next day I wake up to my alarm getting ready for work then having breakfast and coffee. After I check my phone to see if my mom has texted me she has and so has Shawn. 

Mom: Hi love I hope your day goes well at work it will go by quickly before you know it xoxoxo. 

Shawn: Hey baby have a great day at work I can't wait to come by soon to get coffee and see you ;). 

I smile at Shawn's text responding to my mom first. 

Michelle: Hi mom thank you same to you I know it will go by fast since work is always so busy I love you so much xoxoxo. 

Mom: I love you too baby girl I'm going to start work now take care xoxoxo. 

Michelle: Okay good luck 

Then I respond to Shawn's text this guy sure is caring and in love with me a lot it seems. 

Michelle: Hey Shawn thank you so much I can't wait to see you for a little bit during the day at my work at least :D. 

Shawn: Yes maybe I'll come by when it's close to your lunch break so we can sit to talk for a little if that's okay ? 

Michelle: Yeah it's fine my boss won't mind since I get a 30 minute break for lunch. 

Shawn: Alright awesome beautiful I just want to be with you so much it really sucks with our schedules you're working while I'm free for Thursdays and Fridays sigh. 

Michelle: Awe Shawn you're so sweet I'm flattered I want to be with you a lot too maybe I can try to change my schedule since it's a lot for me working five days a week. Well I gotta start leaving now I'll see you a little later handsome. 

Shawn: Okay see you later baby ;) 

I take my bag with my lunch then leave my apartment going outside down the road it's busy as usual then going to the next block up to Starbucks where Lily's already setting up the counter. I smile at her we say good morning to each other I put my stuff away and help set up everything else. Now we're ready for business I tell her everything about how my date with Shawn went last night she smiles at me a lot saying how you guys are so cute I say thank you to her. A couple of customers come Lily is on cash and I make their orders. 

After for the next half an hour it starts picking up more then at 10:00 am our boss comes in I smile at her as she goes into the back she says good morning to Lily and me going to the back. We have a line of customers now I'm on cash while Lily does their orders then once it's clear again I go to talk to the boss about my schedule. I ask her if I can have Thursdays and Fridays off instead of doing five days she says I can if that makes me happy to change my schedule. 

I tell her it does because I think working three days is good enough if she can find someone else to work for the other two days she said can. I say thank you to her then go back to the front I tell Lily how I was able to change my schedule so I won't have to work on Thursdays and Fridays any more. She says that's great she's happy for me I ask her if she wants to change her schedule also since we've started working together. She says no she loves her work schedule how it is I say that's great. 

When it's near to 11:00 am Shawn comes in with a big smile on his face he comes to the counter looking deeply into my eyes, I ask him what he would like to order today he says he would like a cappuccino I tell him how much he has to pay for it he gives the right amount of change our hands touching then Lily makes his drink. I go to the back to get my lunch then see Shawn's sitting down at the table near to the counter I sit across from him as usual. 

I tell him about how I was able to change my schedule so now I won't have to work on Thursdays and Fridays any more he smiles at me saying that's great because now we can see each other more since he doesn't have classes for those two days. He asks me if we can go out for our date on Thursday night to Scarborough Putting Edge instead and Friday we can do something else for the day. I say yeah sure that would be great I can't wait he drinks his coffee looking at me he doesn't try to touch my hand since I'm working right now it wouldn't look professional while I'm on duty.