XXVIII

ー 𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰

ー 𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑿𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰

"What did you dream about?" Mattia's raspy voice came trough the phone.

It was the same night she woke up, an hour later she was on the phone with Mattia.

"You're not telling me what you dreamt about, so I'm not telling you." she said quietly with a slight smirk on her face at the childish tone.

"That's different, love. I, under no circumstance, can I tell you what I dreamt of."

"First off, the nickname is my thing, second, I can't tell you either. But what the hell made YOU throw up from a dream. That, uhm, had me in it." she whisper shouted.

"Once again, can't tell you. Also the nickname is growing on me. Anyway, you also told me you threw up, seeing as we both had anxiety attacks. I'm not telling you, you're not telling me."

"Real soulmate shit." she giggled.

"Never seen before." he chuckled.

"You okay tho, Matti?" she spoke softly.

"You're here. So, yeah, I'd say so."

"... I can't do this anymore-" he started.

"What? Mattia what do you mean?" her voice was laced with worry and confusion.

"No, not like that, you ain't let me finish." he sighed. "Listen, you have two options. Tell me what happend before social bash or tell me what we talked about on New Year over the phone." the determation was clear in his voice.

She panicked, "I told you, I don't remember what we talked about."

"Bullshit. You just don't wanna tell me. Why's that?" his voice was clear trough the phone. Crystal clear.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck-

"I don't. As for social bash ー that's none of your business." sometimes when she was determined to lie, she tricked herself into thinking she's telling the truth, therefore she'd get annoyed at someone 'accusing' her of lying.

"Make it my business." he said in a low voice.

"M-Mattia I can't tell you. No one knows." she cursed at herself mentally for stuttering.

"Not even your mom? Well, to be honest, 'm not suprised, you never tell anyone anything."

"What's your point here, Mattia?" she sat up in her bed, feeling hot under the sheets, irritation getting the better of her.

"It's easy. Either tell me 'bout social bash, or new year. Just wanna know." he was calm. A little too calm.

"Can't tell you about something I don't know." the conversation took a turn. From comforting eachother, to Mattia cornering her.