Chapter 166

"Let go!" Aiguo struggled as the man dangled his body loosely in the air.

"Aren't you friends with that little brat we're after? Why would I let go of something that'll help us catch him?" The man grinned maliciously, his friend beside him snickering.

After he finished speaking, Aiguo's eyes widened as far as they could go and he struggled even more.

"You bastards! If you lay a hand on—"

Before he could finish cursing the man, a black figure flew over. One of the men felt his neck stiffen before it erupted open. The figure behind him pulled the sword in their hand forward and his throat, split open. In an instant, blood spurted everywhere, including to Aiguo's clothes.

Stumbling a few steps forward, the man fell to the ground. The other man holding Aiguo was stunned. He released the boy on the ground before he hurried to escape the unknown figure. He had only run a couple of steps before a felt pain shoot into his back.

He had been stabbed!

Falling to the ground, the man struggled to get up and when he turned around, he saw a pair of bloodthirsty eyes and an iron sword lifted high.

"No! Don't kill me!" The man wailed, but his cries were cut off as the sword struck down on his head, beheading him.

Fresh, crimson blood bloomed on the ground, a sudden foul odor spread throughout the area. An Sun lowered his eyes. His icy gaze fell upon the men as he clicked his tongue.

Men who picked on the weak were nothing but cowards. They deserved death.

Flicking the blood off the sword from the men, An Sun turned around to see a pair of wide eyes staring at him. The little boy's eyes shone with the light of the stars as he fixated on him.

"A-Awesome..." Aiguo mumbled. All of a sudden, he felt his stomach lurch and he hunched himself over in a corner, vomiting.

The look on An Sun's face stiffened, and he froze in his spot at that moment, dumbfounded. The only sound in the alley was now the sound of the boy's heaving as he vomited his last meal.

While Aiguo heaved and heaved until there was nothing but an empty pit in his gut, An Sun stood in the corner and watched with a strange expression.

He never really knew what to do in these situations.

With quivering legs and an empty stomach, Aiguo straightened himself up. When An Sun saw he was done, he cleared his throat awkwardly.

He was a little dumbfounded, which showed in his expression as he looked at the young boy. He helplessly asked, "Are you all right, kid?"

Aiguo wiped his mouth. He looked up and glanced at An Sun--with that one look, he was scared stiff by the hair-raising frostiness in his eyes.

He looked down and nodded his head. When Aiguo suddenly recalled the situation, his eyes widened.

"My friend! I don't know why, but those men are chasing her! You have to save her, please!" Aiguo looked up at An Sun - his gaze was desperate.

An Sun's shadowed gaze swept over him, his expression was unreadable.

As Aiguo waited for the man to answer, his fists by his side trembled slightly. While he did save him, Aiguo couldn't help but find the man's aura a little terrifying. If he were to compare it, it would be equal to Rin's when she was angry or fighting.

The immense pressure of his aura made him extremely tense and the longer the silence stretched, the more nervous Aiguo became.

Suddenly, he felt a large yet warm hand pat him on the shoulder. Looking up with wide eyes, Aiguo was stunned when he met the man's smiling expression