Chapter 146

"Are you certain it was Ju?" Bai Han asked, his figure pacing back and forth.

"I can't be certain. However..." General Guo paused.

Though General Guo wasn't one to make such quick assumptions, Bai Han knew from the man's silence; he felt certain the bird he saw was Ju.

If that was the case, then how did this mysterious man get him?

What did he have to do with his granddaughter?!

At the mere thought, Bai Han grew even more restless. Meanwhile, An Sun stood beside the office window and gazed out expressionlessly, where his eyes coldly looked down below.

General Guo remembered the out of breath and rare disheveled appearance on the young man's face as he approached them.

When they informed him the man had yet to come, An Sun's cool, handsome face returned to its usual coldness.

But, General Guo knew, just like them, An Sun felt as if they were a step closer to discovering Rin.

When the door creaked open, everyone shifted their heads to see Duyi Zhong and a frail middle-aged man entering the room. Upon catching sight of the small, brown falcon on his shoulder, both General Guo and Bai Han drew in a sharp breath.

Although most falcons looked the same, it was rare to identify ones with such clarity in its eyes.

Without a doubt, the bird was Ju!

The contented expression on Bai Han's face instantly turned icy and hard. He narrowed his eyes and turned to look at the man in front of him.

"You..! Where is my granddaughter?!" Bai Han bellowed angrily as he stared fiercely at Wei Jingyi.

About to pounce on the middle-aged man, General Guo restrained the fired up old commander back. He gave Bai Han a glance, who snorted and stepped back in return.

After ensuring Bai Han would no longer attack the man, General Guo sighed.

He turned his body to face the frail man without a single shred of expression and said in a cold tone, "Who are you? Why is it that you have my niece's bird with you?"

Under the men's intense, cold stares, Wei Jingyi remained composed.

"You must be members of the Bai family I believe?"

General Guo raised an eyebrow, seemingly surprised. He nodded.

"That's right."

Seeing as he recognized them, General Guo's suspicion only heightened. Wei Jingyi bobbed his head and let out a brief hum, withdrawing his eyes and scouring them over across the room.

Finally, his line of sight shifted to the young man dressed in a black robe. He stood beside the window with his hands clasped behind his back, his deep and chilly eyes stared right back at him. An Sun bore a grim expression like he was an insurmountable statue of ice.

Wei Jingyi's eyes sparked with slight interest. He looked the young man up and down. Upon receiving the unusual middle-aged man's stares, An Sun's thick brows drew together to express his clear displeasure.

There wasn't any trace of emotion in his magnetic voice, but it still sent chills down one's spine, "Do you have something to say?"

Wei Jingyi wasn't at all affected by the man's cold tone, rather he looked even more amused.

"I was just thinking you are much more handsome up close than I expected."

No wonder the girl asked him to help An Sun out!