Chapter 92

"Advisor Bai, Lord An requests your presence."

Rin's mind blanked for a moment.

When she was younger, she was informed by Bai Han the differences between a man and a woman's body- especially during puberty.

Awkward as it was, Bai Han was rather composed while explaining to her what happened to a girl's body when she reached adulthood.

One thing, in particular, stuck into Rin's mind that fateful day about when a girl became a woman.

They bled from her lower area.

This was bad.

Rin had no words to describe the shock she was in. She was knowledgeable with the concept of puberty, but not to a full extent.

She hadn't expected it to hurt. Then again, she was bleeding in an area she never imagined.

"Advisor Bai?"

Remembering the soldier outside, Rin's eyes narrowed. The pain near her lower abdomen remained, the sensation of something leaking down her thighs only seeming to increase.

Moments later, she bit her lower lip and said, "Please kindly inform Lord An I'll need to take a rain check for the day."

"Ah? A rain check?"

Clutching onto her stomach tightly, Rin grits her teeth. "Yes. Please tell him I apologize for the inconvenience, but I'm currently not feeling too well, we'll have to reschedule today's plans for tomorrow."

The soldier was about to refute but closed his mouth upon remembering the boy's newly appointed status. He was the camp's military advisor - a rank far higher than his. Another reason for why he hadn't entered Rin's tent without proper permission.

"Yes, Advisor Bai. I'll inform Lord An right away."

In response, a faint sound could be heard from inside the tent. Quickly, the soldier ushered away to report to An Sun.

Sighing tiredly, Rin's eyes close shut while she curls up into a fetus position near the brazier – her arms clutching tightly to her stomach.

...

Within An Sun's tent, the man looked over the map spread over the table while waiting for Rin's arrival.

"Tsk, that Duyi Zhong is quite a cheap old man, isn't he? Only one thousand of his men, he can't possibly assume that's enough."

Manchu, sitting quietly in a small corner with a scroll in his hand and head propped by his chin, sighed.

"Indeed the number is small but it should be enough. After all, they're quite a strong pair of troops."

An Sun nodded. He was right, Duyi Zhong's army was not one to underestimate.

"Hopefully they'll improve even more with that kid's training. He grew up with that old man Bai, so I'd expect him to be somewhat knowledgeable in training a group of soldiers."

Manchu's gaze lifted as he stared at An Sun for a brief moment in silence before he spoke. "I'm surprised you're allowing him to train such a large group of men by himself. Don't you worry he'll utilize them against you?"

The space between An Sun's brows was tightly furrowed as he stated coldly, "Of course. I've thought of that possibility, but it's nothing to worry over. If anything I still don't trust the little brat, but..."

"But what?"

An Sun's rough fingers tapped the edge of the table as he stared intently at the map before him.