Chapter 4

The next day I woke up to the sound of someone coming into my room. I sat up and rubbed my eyes as Kelsey opened my curtains.

"Morning miss. We brought you some breakfast." Stacey told me while holding a dress for the day.

"Can I wear one of my own outfits? I know it's not formal, but I kinda want a day to say goodbye to my jeans."

"We're sorry miss, we would but today you have plans." Kelsey told me.

"We'll... What plans?"

"Today you will be going to your etiquette class, then will be having tea with the prince." The memory of Max made me blush.

"Oh my gosh" I exclaimed as I covered my face with my hands. "What is is miss?"

"Nothing. Let's just get ready."

~

As I walked into my etiquette class, I saw a couch and an old women sitting in an arm chair across from it.

"Um.... Hi" the women looked up and smiled.

"Greetings, you must be Alyssa. I'm Kathy Warner. Please, have a seat. Today's lesson is on how to properly drink tea."

"No offense, but I'm pretty sure I know how to do that." I said.

"If you are so confident about that, then why don't we put your skills to the test?" She gestured to the tea set on the small table inbetween the couches. "Go ahead. If you do great, then you can have tomorrow off."

I sat down and began serving the tea.As time went on, I made sure to remember all the rules, sit straight, raise plate with cup, don't lean forward when you drink, sip, don't burn yourself, make conversation, steady hand.

When we were done, ms. Werner smiled at me.
"Flawless performance lady Alyssa. You may have tomorrow off. ." I stood and walked out.

In the hallway, was Stacey waiting patiently.

"Miss, the prince is waiting for you in the garden outside the ballroom. He said you knew which one." I nodded.

"I do. Thank you for telling me." she bowed her head and walked away.

I strolled to the garden and walked out. I saw Max waiting at the fountain.

"Hey." I approached him. He turned around to look at me and smiled.

"Hello" he responded. "How was class?"

"Great. I got tomorrow off."

"Really? That's great. What are you planning to do on your free time?" He asked. I paused. I didn't think of that.

" I don't know. What are going to do?"

"I was going to practice the piano. I don't need to anymore, but I like it."

"Well, can I go with you?" Max smiled at my question.

"Of coarse"

"Okay" I drew out. "What are we going to do now?"

"We are supposed to have tea."
We started walking down the path and down more, I saw a pool. Perfect.

"But I just had tea." We got a bit closer to the pool.

"We'll... We could just-" just then, I pushed Max back and into the water. I began laughing. When he surfaced, he began splashing me with water.

"NOT THE DRESS!" I shrieked. When I held my hand up to block the water, his fingers wrapped around my wrist and pulled me into the pool as well... thing is... 14ft of water... I don't know how to swim... problem.

When I surfaced, I quickly grabbed onto Max's neck and held on. He immediately wrapped his arms around my waist.

"What's wrong?" Max asked slightly concerned.

"I don't know how to swim." Max chuckled softly.

"I guess I have to teach you," he said softly. At that moment the two of us were once again just millimeters apart. This time, when Max moved slightly forward, I couldn't run off, so I stayed where I was and closed my eyes. When I felt his lips on mine, it felt like magic.... as if this is where I belong.

I started to kiss back without even noticing it. It wasn't until my grip on Max slipped and I almost went down and under that we broke the kiss.

"Woah." Max whispered as he held me up. "You okay?" I nodded not even being able to speak. Max smiled. "Good. We should probably get out now."

Good idea... there was no way we could stay in here without that happening again..... boy was the prince a good kisser.